*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1605306-Planet-Animalus/cid/779418-Spidarian
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1605306
Welcome to Animalus, home of the hybrids, people with strange customs. 25,330+ views
This choice: Spidarian  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Spidarian

    by: BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
Look at your garden variaty spider, and observe it, in all aspects. Now, imagian it to be about the size of a human, and capable of speech and you got a spidarian.

Native to the planet called Web, a spidarian has relatively, compared to humans, poor eyesight, and can't really stand bright light. However, they are agile, can climb most surfaces, and create webs, which can be used for a variaty of reasons. On Web, due to the high winds, they are used to capture prey, large non-sentiant insect-like creatures, and rescue travelers who are not prepared for the occasional high gusts. They have a hive mentality, in that, while they have their own minds, they are connected to their Queen, and if she dies, which is somewhat unlikelly, they can become suicidal, unless one of her daughters is given the rank of queen. Amongst the male members of the Queen's Royal Guard, there is no greater honor than voluntering to be the father of her children. However, there is a price for this honor, as the male tends to be eaten during the mating ritual, to increase the chances of the Queen's children, most of which are female, surviving to be born. *note, while common female Spidarians can do this as well, they don't normally do it, as it only increases the number of children born.* After the ritual is complete, the boby of the warior is wrapped in silk, and placed, admist songs for the life of the guard, his offspring, and the Queen, onto a funarary pier and burned.

*Note* There are humans on Web, many of which are decended of survivors of a shipwreck. In fact, they were the perverbial powder keg that kicked off a centuries long civil war. One side saw them as cattle and slaves, and the other saw them as potential friends and trading partners. After the war was over, with the help of Crog, Zena's husband, and Zena herself, and the rival queen was dead, and her followers switched their allegance to the other, who was her sister, and her daughters, as well as her sister's daughters, that allied with her, the humans were free of any slavery that they had been in.

Bring on the spiders.

*Important note* After checking and rereading my stories, which is what this interactive is based off of, I was able to find the name of the current Queen, Jody. While this isn't her actual name by any means, as human tounges have troubles pronouncing the various clicks, chirps, and squeaks of the Spidarian language, it is fairly close to it. Also, Jody is basically an immortal, and is, easily, several thousand years old, which is something to consider considering that your common Spidarian can live to be two hundred years of age.

You have the following choices:

1. Male

*Noteb*
2. Female

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1605306-Planet-Animalus/cid/779418-Spidarian