*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Sharing the Burden
  2. Sudden Power
  3. A Drop of Magic
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1609577-Rainbow-Drops/cid/888496-Sharing-the-Burden
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1609577
A bag of magical sweets can easily turn lives upside down...
This choice: Before making a wish, you reveal your secret to one of your friends.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Sharing the Burden

    by: Michelle-the-Monster
You realized that you couldn't come up with a wish on your own. It would be more fun to have a friend around to wreak havoc with. You wanted to be apart of a troublesome duo with a bag full of magic at their disposal.

So without hesitation, you reached into your pocket and took out your cellphone. On the phone, you opened up a list of your contacts. From the list however, only three friends stuck out as a possible partner in crime.

Gary Jackson was your first possibility. The two of you have been best friends since you both met in elementary school. He had short, bleached blonde hair, blue eyes and about the same build as yourself. Unlike you however, he had a job in the local garage, fixing broken down cars. He may not be as smart as you, but he was certainly much more reckless than you, often making you wonder how you ever wound up as his best mate. No doubt he would be able to come up with some crazy wishes if you revealed your secret to him, but then again he could not resist pulling a prank or two on you either, so sharing the candy with him may end up biting you in the backside.

The second name that came to mind was your 17-year old girlfriend, Stacey Morgan. You may have only been dating the blonde beauty for no more than six months, but you felt that you could trust her with anything, even if it meant sharing a source of tremendous power with her. She had been a very good girlfriend to you, so you may as well make it up to her. On the other hand, she can be a bit mischievous at times, and you couldn't help but think that there may be a darker side to her which you are yet to see. The last thing that you could possibly want was a girlfriend who had total control over you.

The only option left that you could truly trust was with Stacey's best friend, Hayley Donovan. She may be a couple more pounds overweight, in fact many would argue that she was twice the size of yourself, but since you started dating Stacey, Hayley had been a very good friend to you. The 5'2" tall brunette had always been on the receiving end of abuse from her old classmates, but she truly had a heart of gold of which no one else could see, not even your own sister, and no one could do more with a bag full of wishes than Hayley. However there have been several occasions where you would think that she was jealous of Stacey's looks, and even that she had a crush on you, so maybe it would not be the best idea to share this power with her, despite how much you pity her.

Looking through the rest of your contacts, these were the best three options to choose from, which is not very good, considering that you had over twenty five more contacts in the list. All three options have both their ups and downs.

But who do you decide to share your burden with?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Gary Jackson, your best friend.

2. Stacey Morgan, your girlfriend.

3. Hayley Donovan, your girlfriend's best friend.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michelle-the-Monster (UN: brezzy666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michelle-the-Monster has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1609577-Rainbow-Drops/cid/888496-Sharing-the-Burden