*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Second Arena Fighters
  2. Prologue
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/161571-The-Grand-Arena/cid/51332-The-Second-Arena-Fighters
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #161571
Thirteen warriors, only one Champion
This choice: 2nd Arena Character  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Second Arena Fighters

    by: .Wolfie.
David smiled again at his son again, and then turned and headed out into the hallway. Soon the fights would begin, and he had to be prepared for it. He wanted desperately to win and return to his love, but at the same time, there was his duty as a father, and he knew that if it came down to the wire, he would let his son win. There was no other choice, he would not face the only son he would ever had and try to destroy him.
He let out a sigh, wondering how he could have ever let it come to this. His brother had become his enemy, and his nephew had enslaved him. His brother had been Harac, and his nephew, Kane, had been the same man who'd enslaved Ryan. Ryan was his great-nephew, and he had to look out for him as well. Yes, it would be a long day.

Johnathan watched his father leave the room, and then turned his attention to getting ready for a fight. He pulled a black tunic over his head with a layer of chainmail on top. He didn't want to have any heavy armor, that would both impend his speed as well as affecting his ability to change if need be. He stood up and pulled his baldric over his head, a broadsword now hanging at his side. He was a changling, but he found it conserved energy if he didn't use his power recklessly. He needed to win, for his father, as well as for himself.
Johnathan walked out into the hall, ready for his fight.

Krath stormed into the roster area, knocking aside the others viewing their opponent. Ressek protested loudly, but Krath ignored him, staring at the tangle of words beside his name.
"What's the matter, Krath? Can't read?" Ressek laughed, and read him the name of his opponent.
Krath glared at Ressek, and stalked off to the staging area for his bout.

Ressek chuckled, and returned to searching for his own name...There! That's- Ressek's jaw dropped. That's rediculous! I shouldn't be in this fight- not at my level! Ressek glared at the paper, knowing that somewhere along the lines, someone wanted him dead. The same person who conscripted me, most likely. Well, their day will come. I'll break them with my bare hands!

Long after everyone else had confirmed their fight and left, Marr floated into the room. Now, who am I fighting?...ah, there we go. Hmm...interesting choice. With a silent, wispy shrug, Marr turned from the rosters to find his place in the staging area.

You have the following choices:

1. Follow Krath's story

2. Follow Ressek's story

3. Follow Marr's story

4. Follow David's story

5. Follow Johnathan's story

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 .Wolfie. (UN: wolfie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
.Wolfie. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/161571-The-Grand-Arena/cid/51332-The-Second-Arena-Fighters