*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A giant!
  2. The Portal.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1715564-Parallel-world/cid/1093261-A-giant
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1715564
You are trapped in a parallel world, can you find your way home?
This choice: A giant!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A giant!

    by: scriptboy
The man and a woman quickly ran over to the small glass chamber as they curiously glanced over at the being, which had tumbled its way through the portal.

“It’s human! It’s a boy! Quick! Turn the machine off! Now!” Natasha shouted at Max. Natasha was the main scientist in the couple and Max was more like the assistant. Natasha had been working on the machine for years and this had been the first time that she had ever been able to get something or someone to travel through the machine from another world. “Look at him! A boy! Why… He seems a little small, doesn’t he?”

Inside of the glass chamber, you groggily shake your head and blink your eyes. You’re still a bit dizzy from spinning through the portal. It was as if you had been sucked into a whirlpool or something, and you had completely lost your sense of direction. You finally place both hands up against the thick glass wall, as you slowly get back on your feet. You’re only wearing sandals, a pair of shorts and a tank top, since you had been at home that afternoon when you were pulled into the machine and sucked through the portal.

“Look at him, Max! What a cute boy!” Natasha grinned. “I wonder how old he is?

As you finally get on both feet, you look at her and at the man, who both resemble your parents. You recognize them, but they don’t seem to recognize you. As you look around, the rest of the basement seems just about the same: There are many other devices, control panels, scientific instruments and other lab objects located in the large room, which was lit with huge halogen lamps which were hanging from the ceiling overhead. There were also dozens of large scientific charts and graphs pinned to the walls. Yes, everything did look familiar. You almost felt like you were at home. Still, something was off. Something felt weird.

The main door opened and someone walked in.

“Mom? Dad?”

A young girl, who had the same facial features as you walked in and curiously stood next to your mother as she stared at you.

“Erica! Look! We had tested the portal-transmission machine, and it had pulled this young man through the portal!” Natasha explained. “Look at him! He has your eyes!”

“Wow! He’s a little taller than me! But, he looks just like me!” she said.

A little taller?

I noticed that my sandals were beginning to get a bit tight on my feet, and my tank was starting to feel a little tighter as well. What was going on?

“That’s strange. Honey! Come over here!” Natasha said to Max, who had walked off to check some readings on the computer screen. “Come and take a look at the boy!”

“Natasha! The computer just alerted me that the properties of the object, which had traveled through the portal, had changed!” Max shouted back.

“What had changed?” Natasha said, as she walked over to the computer console.

Meanwhile, I felt like my clothes were getting increasingly tight on my body. My sandals were killing me, so I quickly kicked them off my feet. Luckily, I was wearing underwear that mom had just bought for me, so they were a little big on me. But, my tank top was starting to feel much too small on me, as the bottom of my tank top felt like it was crawling up my torso from my waist to the point where my belly button started to show! I felt like I was growing!

“According to the computer, the object has changed in size!” Max said. “Look!”

“What? You mean… The boy’s growing?” Natasha wondered.

Max and Natasha quickly turned around and ran back to the glass containment chamber, where they saw me standing there with my hands pressing against the glass. Indeed, the chamber began to shrink for me. I think it was only about six feet high, and I was about four feet tall when I got sucked into it, but I had probably grown a foot by now. My legs were longer, my arms were thicker, my feet were bigger and so were my hands. My head had also grown and I felt that my body was still growing! Was this due to the journey through the portal?

“How big is he going to get?” Natasha wondered out loud.

I could tell that I was now almost the same height as Natasha and that it wouldn’t take long or I would also pass Max, if I would continue growing at this pace. I had already passed Erica, and it seemed like there was just no stopping! My main concern now was that I really didn’t know what would happen to me if I were to become too big for the glass chamber that I was being held in! As I looked up, I could see that my head was quickly reaching the ceiling of the chamber! Oh no!

“Honey! He’s almost as tall as they chamber!” Natasha shouted. “What are we going to do?”

“All we can do is hope that he stops growing… Very soon!” Max replied. “Quick! Let me check his properties on the computer!”

Natasha and Max ran back to the computer console, which was on the other side of the room, while Erica remained standing in front of the chamber, looking at me in my predicament.

My head touched the ceiling! To make matters worse, I was still growing! I started to bend down with my knees, which became very uncomfortable after a while because my knees ended up pushing against the glass while my back was now pressing against the other side of the glass wall. I tried squatting down even further, but the chamber just didn’t allow any room! As my body continued to grow, I realized that I wasn’t just growing taller, but I was also getting wider! Everything was getting bigger: My shoulders, my hands, my feet, my arms, my head… absolutely everything!

Then, it happened.

A crack started to form at the section of glass where my knees were pushing against it. Just at that moment, I realized my growth seemed to slow down, but it didn’t happen soon enough, and in a way, I was happy because it was getting very uncomfortable sitting in that position in that glass chamber which was quickly becoming too small for me!

The crack in the glass became bigger and bigger, until the entire front side of the chamber broke and glass shattered all over the lab floor in front of me!

CRACK!!

“EEEEKK” Erica shrieked, as she saw the glass break right before her eyes. Of course, I couldn’t wait to get out of the chamber so I could stretch to my full height. Not only that, but my shirt and my shorts were just killing me!

As I walked out, I gently stepped away from the broken glass as Max and Natasha came running over.

“Oh… My… God… The boy… He’s a… A giant!” Natasha gasped, as she looked up to me.

I just stood there, looking down at the three of them, which was easy since I was now standing about 7 feet tall. As I took a deep breath, there was a loud RIP… My tank top had torn in half. I desperately needed bigger clothes now. I was the size of a professional basketball player!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1715564-Parallel-world/cid/1093261-A-giant