*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Meet Joshua
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1740052-Joshua-Almighty/cid/1032200-Meet-Joshua
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Spiritual · #1740052
A ten year-old boy becomes God on Earth. How does he use his unlimited, divine powers?
Chapter #1

Meet Joshua

    by: scriptboy
Joshua Handy had just finished serving as the altar boy during mass in church that morning. He was wearing a long, white robe with long sleeves and a silver chain with a cross around his neck, which he thought was really cool because it also made him look a little bit like a priest. He almost wished he could wear the robe a little longer but he knew he had to remove it as soon as mass was over.

This is what Joshua looks like:
http://www.writing.com/main/images/item_...

When the people started leaving the sanctuary, Josh walked into the bathroom to change when he saw a bright light before him. Then, another boy materialized before him, wearing a brown robe with a rope tied around his waist. The boy was short, he looked around 10 years old and had black hair and he began to speak to Josh.

"Hi, Josh. I see you like to be the altar boy. That's very good. I'm going to give you my powers for one cosmic day." the boy said.

"What? Who are you?" Josh asked. “What’s a cosmic day?”

"You come to worship me during mass every Sunday. From now on, people will come to mass and they will worship you instead!" the boy responded. “A cosmic day can be anywhere from five minutes to a hundred years!”

"Huh?" Josh replied. “What are you talking about?”

"I am God, but you will be God from now on, while I sleep for one cosmic day." the boy said, as he placed his hands on Josh's shoulders. "You will now have all my knowledge, all my wisdom and all my powers. You're in charge of the universe, Josh. Everything you say will happen. Every one of your commands will be carried out!"

The boy with black hair disappeared, leaving Josh alone in the bathroom.

Josh was 10 years old, he had blond hair and blue eyes and he was 5 feet tall. He was God.

When Josh walked out of the bathroom, he saw Father Williams, who lead the mass just a few minutes before. The Father asked Josh if he could take off his robe and place it in the closet.

"Gosh, I would like to keep my robe a little longer than today..." Josh sighed.

Father Williams suddenly agreed.

"Sure, Josh. Keep the robe as long as you want!"

Josh was astonished. The priest had never allowed that before! Josh then walked around and talked to people, suddenly knowing the names of every single person who was there, even the visitors!

You have the following choices:

1. Josh hangs out after church

2. Josh goes to school

3. Josh goes home

4. Josh goes to his best friend's house

5. Josh goes somewhere else

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1740052-Joshua-Almighty/cid/1032200-Meet-Joshua