*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Delivery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1771898-The-Size-Remote---Rachels-Revenge/cid/1096796-The-Delivery
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1771898
Rachel gets her hands on the infamous size remote
Chapter #1

The Delivery

    by: Bugmaker
"What do you want?," Rachel snarled at the guy in front of her. "A-a parcel for Ms. Green?," the boy stammered in front of her desk. "Ah! Great!," the woman pulled the small box out of his hands and started unpacking it. The boy stared down Rachel's cleavage as she bowed over her desk. She was used to it and liked having attention from the guys. Even if the boy was a pimpled student who worked as a delivery-guy.

"What?," Rachel had unpacked most of the box and the guy was still staring at her. A few minutes was okay, but this was getting creepy. "You've to sign this," the boy gave her his clipboard. "Oh..ehm..right," she grabbed a pencil from the pile of files on her desk and signed the papers. "Okay, here you go. Now scram!," Rachel threw the clipboard back to the delivery-guy and bent over the parcel again.


The guy dripped off mumbling. Rachel's attention was focused on the small package. She was pretty excited and reached inside the package. Her face got grim as she pulled her hand out and saw a tv-remote. "This isn't my order!," she yelled. Roxanne, the teen intern, looked at her. "Get back to work!," Rachel yelled and ran after the delivery guy. When she got to the front door he just drove off in his van.

"Great! No 'entertainment' for me tonight!," she walked back into the building. "Hi Rachel, is everything okay?," Paula the receptionist asked. "None of your business!," Rachel growled and walked towards the elevator. Inside the cabin she calmed down and examined the remote. Not the toy she expected just some stupid tv-remote. Besides it only had one fire red button and a switch with 'G' & 'S' printed on it. "Useless thing!," she threw it in a corner.


The remote landed on the button and suddenly a beam shot out of it's front. Without a clue Rachel was hit in the chest. She started to feel strange and something weird happened. The elevator cabin was growing! The woman started to panic and quickly hit the emergency brake. The elevator stopped, but it kept growing. Rachel looked down in fear as she noticed it wasn't the cabin growing it was her shrinking!

Everything was increasing in size, the cabin, her clothes, the remote except her jewelery which strangely shrunk with her. When she lost a full foot in height the shrinking stopped. The woman came back to her senses as she heard Paula's voice coming from the intercom. "Rachel? What's going on? Is something wrong with the elevator?," Rachel thought for a minute. Should she tell Paula about her current state? She probably wouldn't believe it.


"Ehm...nothing wrong Paula I just accidentally hit the button," Rachel said. "Okay, well I'm turning the elevator back on, this should only take a minute," Paula's voice faded. Rachel quickly looked around her. "The remote, it has to be the remote!," the woman thought to herself. She lifted the now bigger device and looked it over. "G & S....Grow and shrink!," Rachel yelled.

"Let's try this it out, I hope it works," she crossed her fingers and aimed the remote at herself. She flipped the switch to the 'G' position and fired. Once again a beam shot from the small device. This time everything started to grow back to it's former size. In just a few seconds everything was back to normal. Just then the elevator started moving again. "Phew, that was close. Seems this thing isn't as useless as I thought!," the elevator doors opened and she walked back to her cubicle.

She decided to...

You have the following choices:

1. ...search the office for test-subjects

2. ...lock herself in Karen's office

3. ...took a break

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bugmaker (UN: bugmaker3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bugmaker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1771898-The-Size-Remote---Rachels-Revenge/cid/1096796-The-Delivery