*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The beginning!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1775833-Regular-Show-MicroMacro-Adventure/cid/1104941-The-beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by David
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Animal · #1775833
Your two favorite slackers have once again gotten themselves into some serious trouble...
Chapter #1

The beginning!

    by: David
Summer: a time when the sun shines brightly, the grass grows tall, and children spend their well-earned vacations frolicking through the city park, much to the chagrin of its groundskeepers. However, thanks to the whims of mother nature, what would normally be a blisteringly hot August day had instead become a torrential nightmare. For nearly two weeks, rain had been pouring down incessantly, turning the park's overgrown lawn into a veritable swamp. Although Benson (the park's manager and humanoid gumball machine) grew considerably more agitated with each rainy passing day, the exact opposite could be said for his two laziest employees, Mordecai and Rigby. These two best friends, a blue jay and a raccoon, couldn't be more thankful for the stormy weather; no one would come to the park on a day like this, and that meant there were no chores to be done. So, after breakfast, the two sat on the couch and thought about how they'd spend their day off...

"Dude, no way! I'm picking the movie. Remember what happened last time?"

Rigby soon found himself thinking back to the time they'd watched "Ello' Gov'nor", a classic British horror flick that had kept him up at night for a week.

"Ugh, fine... But what do you wanna do 'til then?"

"Hm-hm," Mordecai began in his arrogant tone, "Let's go get some coffee. It'll go good with the rain."

"You sure you don't just want to take a peek at some lady-pecs?"

"Does it matter either way?"

Rigby thought about it. Coffee did sound pretty good right about now--it was still early. He could deal with Mordecai's love-crazed antics if it meant a cup or two of Joe.

"All right, I'll go."

The two took the park golf-cart and were at the coffee shop in fifteen minutes. Once there, Mordecai spotted Margaret, his crush and the real reason he'd gone, and felt his stomach flutter. Rigby and Mordecai sat at their favorite spot and waited for Margaret to come take their orders.

"Dude, today's the day. I can feel it! I'm finally gonna ask Margaret out on a date--a real date."

"You say that everytime!"

"Hm-hm! Just watch."

"Hey Mordecai, hey Rigby!"

The robin had finally come to their table.

"Uh... Hey, Margaret."

"Hey."

"So what'll it be, you guys? The usual?"

"You know it."

"All right, I'll have two cups out in just a sec."

"Wait, Margaret!"

"Yeah Mordecai?"

"Uh... Nevermind. It's nothing."

"Well, all right then."

As Margaret turned and left, Mordecai sank down into his seat in shame. Rigby was sporting his trademark "told ya' so" look.

"Dude, you're never gonna go out with Margaret."

"Shut up. At least I try to go out with girls."

"STOP TALKING!!!"

Margaret returned with their drinks and placed them on the table.

"Here you go! Enjoy!"

Mordecai watched pathetically as the girl he admired walked back to the kitchen; Rigby started sipping his drink.

"Dude, this coffee tastes weird..."

"What? Dude, that's not possible! Margaret made it."

"Yeah, well, try it!"

Mordecai took a swig of his coffee.

"Tastes fine to me."

"Maybe it's just mine, then."

"Dude, she poured it from the same pot!"

"SHUT UP!"

The two finished their coffee, thanked their favorite waitress, and left for the video store. Ten minutes later, they walked out with a copy of Shy Guy 2, much to Rigby's dismay. The raccoon was never a fan of the first one to begin with, and according to critics, the sequel wasn't any better. By the time they got home, it was already afternoon.

"You wanna just watch it now?"

"Sure dude, whatever."

Mordecai popped in the tape and turned the lights out. With the storm going on outside, the room stayed nice and dark. The movie was predictable--a shy guy meets the love of his life, the two get together, have a fight, break up, get back together, et cetera. Rigby stopped caring about halfway through; his attention was focused on the growing pain in his gut.

"That was awesome!"

"What? No way. That movie? LAAAAAME!"

"You just don't understand filmmaking."

"Whatever... I'm gonna go lay down. I don't feel so good."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know--it's probably that coffee, man."

"Would you give it up on the coffee!?"

"I'm just sayin'..."

After that, Rigby went upstairs and laid down on his trampoline-bed. He fell asleep for a bit, but was soon awoken by a sharp pain in his stomach. He quickly realized that something terrible had happened...



You have the following choices:

1. He had shrunk

2. He was growing

3. He was somewhere else

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 David (UN: djb1000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
David has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1775833-Regular-Show-MicroMacro-Adventure/cid/1104941-The-beginning