*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A King is born.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1814525-Dark-Hunter-King/cid/1198191-A-King-is-born
by kamper
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1814525
Half dragon half human but stonger than both.
Chapter #1

A King is born.

    by: kamper
You woke up in an enclosed space that barely fit your tiny body. You were immediately swelled with information but none of it made sense. Well some of it did, like how to fly, walk, run, eat, and a host of other abilities that you had no business knowing but did.

You were what was known as a Dark Hunter King. The title “King” was given when a Dark Hunter was born that had a defect. Dark Hunters were essentially the top species of Dragon in this realm. They ruled far above in the peaks where their scales could be fed by the sun. The realm you were in was known simply as Base realm. Basically your realm was shared between Dragons; who ruled over the predators and animals and of course the Dark Hunters were the strongest Dragons. The humans were extremely advanced in magic and most of all in portal magic. Most of the dragons in other realms came or originated from the breeds from Base Realm. Because of this the Dragons protected the humans so they could send their children to live in other realms if it became too crowded and food was scarce.

The Dark Hunters were pretty much like the Spartans. At birth, if they had any defects what so ever they were thrown off their home peak and were left to plummet to the ravines below. Dark Hunters identical look was one everyone knew in this realm; Their scales, bones, and other outside parts were so jet black that they were invisible in the dark. They had retractable spikes and horns that could cover their body or retract for human riding and other than individual features the females had glowing blue eyes while the males had orange. The only other color eyes was when a King was born and had glowing red eyes. There were maybe 20 of them in all and a Queen was the one in charge. Dark hunters were the biggest, strongest, fastest,… of dragons while most dragon’s size maxed out at 150 feet long Dark Hunters maxed out at 300 and that was what the queen was. However she didn’t allow any other Dark Hunter get over 200 feet long or they would be able to challenge her for leadership. She would kill those who reached that point and breed more.

They had an almost backwards society. Female Dark Hunters were in charge and overall more impressive both in size and intellect. Males were basically grunts but as they were weaker and smaller than the females they were kept out of site in chained cells and used exclusively as breeding machines. The only exception to this was, once in every 50 generations a King was born that was not only capable of unknown power but also had the genetic memory of all the Kings that came before, including their power and learned abilities. One of those abilities was the reason for their immediate extermination was the ability to turn human at will while retaining all his draconic abilities, including transforming parts of himself, like growing wings or a tail out of his back when needed. Other than their eyes, the only way to know for sure that a baby was a King was that he would hatch as a human than transform as into a dragon. Kings were hated and despised and while they were just like any other newborn after hatching, they could grow to the full size of 500 feet long and able to understand all the genetic memory at the age of 12. Kings were the biggest threat to a queen so if for no other reason they were slaughtered for that reason.

You banged on the inside of your shell with your tiny fists, trying to get out. You heard the squeaking and roaring outside as your apparent brothers and sisters were breaking free. You so much wanted to join them but these human fists were not working and even though you didn’t know how you knew but you did know that once you hatched you would be able to transform into a proper dragon. But now was the task of getting out. Then a thought out of nowhere came. You extended you arm and then out of your wrist you protruded a spike that you guessed would be one on your dragon body if you were in that form. You used it on the shell and finally it cracked. You brought your spike back into your arm and with all your might recoiled and slammed into the crack you made. The shell broke and the pieces flung away from you as you collapsed in the sudden freezing temperature of the outside world.

You looked up to see a huge snout looking at you that you immediately rendered as your mother. You were about to get up when another series of spasms came and then immense pain as your body began changing. You cried and screamed as your body was ripped apart and your dragon body was formed. Finally you were free of the pain and lay, whimpering and screeching like the other baby dragons. What happened next was cemented into your mind. When you got up and looked longingly into your mother’s eyes she looked back into yours with utter hate and disgust. Then, without warning she snarled and caught your body in her jaws then bit down and sank her fangs into you.

“You are no son of mine.” She said after a few chewing motions than spit you off the mountain and into blackness. Your last site of her was her grinning and hate filled eyes with her mouth dripping with your blood. You lost consciousness as you plummeted down to your death. That is when your wings spread out on their own. You were doing it but not consciously. They caught the wind and you bagan to glide down until after a day your body hit the ground and you came to a stop. Your wounds were already healing but at the size of a large rat you were extremely vulnerable as it stood but at least you were alive, for the moment.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 kamper (UN: kamperkonkel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kamper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1814525-Dark-Hunter-King/cid/1198191-A-King-is-born