*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Investigation Begins
  2. The Commando
  3. Gear Up
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1852510-Mercenary-Guns-and-Gold/cid/2549054-The-Investigation-Begins
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1852510
Become a soldier of fortune seeking to repay a debt and earn some blood money on the side.
This choice: Missing In Action  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Investigation Begins

    by: evil dude
You took a long drag off of your cigar as your jeep pulled into Eden Springs, a quaint little town in the middle of nowhere with a population just over 1000. It was a nice enough place for a pitstop along the highway, it had a large general store, a bowling alley and, most importantly, a local watering hole called Vulture's Rest. You blow a ring of smoke as you point your driver down a road leading to a long row of houses with wooden fences.

It looked like a good neighborhood, kids were playing in yards as the sun began setting on the western horizon and some of the adults were enjoying beers and cook outs, but looks could be deceiving... as you had learned during your long tour of military service. "Up here, pull up to the driveway with the blue pickup out front." you say as a familiar house came into view. Your driver nodded wordlessly and pulled over to the sidewalk.

"Get some gas and pick up a snack if you want, I'll probably be done in an hour or so. Be back in 45 minutes or less, alright?" you request as you open the door and began walking up the driveway. "Will do, Jeff. I'll see you in 40, man." the driver called back as he pulled out and disappeared around the corner. You stub out your cigar and put it away to finish later before removing your sunglasses and ringing the doorbell.

Barely a few seconds passed before a mousy young woman with long blonde hair and a floral print skirt stepped out to greet you. "Oh Jeff, thank god you're here. I think something terrible has happened." she said in a shaky voice, clearly on the verge of a breakdown. You merely nodded and asked to come in. "Of course, please have a seat in the living room." she replied with an attempted smile as she opened the door for you.

"Thank you, Sera. I'll do what I can to find Hank, our squad owes him that much for all he's done for us. I've already radioed the boys, they'll all be here by tomorrow." you promise as you take a seat on a leather couch next to a beautiful aquarium. After sending her two young sons into their room to play Sera joined you on the opposite side of the tiny coffee table. "Would you like a beer Jeff? I think my husband got a fresh six pack before he went missing last week."

"No thank you, Sera." you reply quickly, noticing the struggle it took to mention her husband. "I'd prefer to be sober for this. Now before I can get started I need to ask you some questions, alright?" Sera merely nodded her head as she grabbed a tissue off of the arm of the chair she was sitting in and blew her nose. "Of course, ask away. I'll do whatever I can to help."

You thought for a moment and then began your investigation with the first question.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 evil dude (UN: evilguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
evil dude has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1852510-Mercenary-Guns-and-Gold/cid/2549054-The-Investigation-Begins