*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Talent Scout
  2. The Ladykiller
  3. Gear Up
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1852510-Mercenary-Guns-and-Gold/cid/2713372-Talent-Scout
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1852510
Become a soldier of fortune seeking to repay a debt and earn some blood money on the side.
This choice: Love Hotel  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Talent Scout

    by: evil dude
You sigh to yourself as you walk through Tokyo's red light district in search of employees for your boss' newest enterprise: a fancy love hotel. Ryu had gotten the place off of a man who loved to gamble who came up short with his more recent payments and had the bright idea to hire actual prostitutes to get an advantage over the competition in the area. Unfortunately, this job was proving to be a bit harder than you originally anticipated.

You had been to five separate brothels, all of which had reasonably cute girls, but they were all either uninterested in working for a yakuza or simply not up to the standards your boss had laid out for you. They had to be clean, no STDs, no addictions and had to pass a high standard of beauty. You had also been instructed to keep an eye out for girls who could tend to... particular requests from high profile customers. That would be fun.

You hated the idea of returning to the boss empty handed and telling him you failed, but at this rate you'd be out here for weeks without landing a single new hire. You chuckle to yourself as you walk into yet another brothel and are greeted by women in bikinis. "The boss always did have high standards, but even I'm not this picky..." You ask the women a few questions as they give you a lap dance and offer them the job.

"Sorry, I already agreed to work here for the next year or so, my boss would destroy my reputation if I went back on our deal." one of the girls replied with a regretful smile. "Same for most of the rest of us, we earn good money and can't afford to jeopardize it." You rub your forehead as you hand them each a ten thousand yen note and thank them for their time. This was getting pretty frustrating. With a brief yawn you decide to take a quick break and head over to a nearby bar.

"Just a bottle of good sake, please." you call over to the bartender as she wipes a glass. "Right away, sir!" comes the cheerful reply. You light up a cigar and put another ten thousand yen note on the table while the bartender gets your drink. "Drowning your sorrows, sir? We have some stronger stuff if you'd like?" she asks as she puts the bottle and a glass in front of you. A laugh escapes your lips as you exhale a cloud of smoke and begin pouring your drink.

"No, ha, nothing like that... I'm just having a hard time finding suitable clients for my boss. He needs me to find some workers and I haven't had any luck all night, just thought I'd take a break." you reply with a smile. The woman quickly looks around to make sure no one else can hear her before leaning in. "You don't need... sex workers, do you?" she whispers in a hushed tone. This gets your attention and you nod your head as you exhale a puff of smoke. "Yeah, I guess so." you whisper back.

"For 100,000 yen I might be able to set you up with a guy who can find what you need. All his girls and guys are clean, no diseases, no human trafficking and no sexual hang ups. What do you say?" she offers. You take a deep breath and down a large sip of your drink. "What's the catch? You're asking a lot of money for some guy I've never even met." you finally reply as the bartender writes down an address on a napkin.

"I know it's risky, but 100,000 yen is half of what I normally charge for his address. His workers won't come cheap, but you won't find better anywhere in Japan. I'm offering this price because I know you can afford it and you'll provide me and my boss lots of money. If I'm lying... hey, it's only 100,000 yen, or you can go back to skimming the local brothels for amateurs, your call handsome." She then folds the napkin up and holds it out to you.

You take another sip of your drink as you think over her offer. You didn't have much money to spare and she was asking for a pretty huge amount... but the idea of going back out there and spending the rest of the night going to various sex clubs wasn't very appealing either...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Take the deal

2. Try to lower the price a little

*Noteb*
3. Walk away

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 evil dude (UN: evilguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
evil dude has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1852510-Mercenary-Guns-and-Gold/cid/2713372-Talent-Scout