*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856959-Buttercombe-Academy-for-Growing-Girls/cid/1496133-Creative-Cooking
Rated: E · Interactive · Erotica · #1856959
a quality-controlled interactive about life in a pudgy prep school
This choice: Learn to cook for herself! Shes not very good, and eats her mistakes. Literally.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #44

"Creative" Cooking

    by: ikearct
"Oh, well... I guess that wasn't too -hic- bad..." Alice said quietly, scraping her fork against the bottom of the bowl. She was on her third... No, fourth attempt at making a "healthy" pasta meal- apparently Alice didn't realize that pasta was practically entirely carbs, but at least she was trying! Her first attempt had burnt, and although she was loathe to waste food, she had to dump it. The second attempt of the first dish turned out much better: a nice tossed spinach pasta mix, with some tomato sauce and a little (OK, a lot) of cheese on top. "Spinach is healthy!" Alice had said to herself, attempting to justify the handful of other, quite unhealthy things that were included with the dish. After that meal, Alice hadn't felt full, so had become a little more adventurous, perusing the handful of pasta meals she had printed off in the library- after all, if there was one thing she could easily get a hold of around Buttercombe, it was pasta!

The second dish had been a type of Three Cheese Chicken Penne meal, which Ronnie had helped cook. After all, Alice WAS using one of the classrooms that Ronnie frequented, and Ronnie had wanted to make sure Alice knew what she was doing. "Why did you pick such a complex dish? Just eat mac and cheese or something if you want pasta!" Ronnie had cried, despite Alice constantly insisting that this was much healthier. "Just looks like fancy mac and cheese..." Ronnie had pointed out, which Alice had no comeback to. Still, she persevered... And the end result left a lot to be desired. Alice's solution was to cover it in cheese... Not exactly ideal for someone who was trying to improve their eating habits.

And now, the third, and final (for the time being) meal had just been finished off by Alice, who now sat dejectedly with an empty plate in front of her. Sure, she had eaten it all, but... Well, Ronnie's food was incredible! So was Buttercombes! Hers... Not so much. Alice knew in her heart that she wasn't a chef- she shouldn't even be in the kitchen! Her place was at a table with a needle and thread, not in a kitchen, making rubbery noodles and poorly balanced meals. In fact, now that she thought back on it, she wouldn't serve ANY of the meals she had made today to any of her friends- they were just not good!

"And neither is this..." Alice said to herself as she placed both hands on her rounded stomach, giving it a slight jiggle. She knew that she simply HAD to eat healthier- her mom was really going to crack down on her if she didn't! And Alice knew that her friends really cared about her, or why else would they constantly bring her treats, but this... They just didn't understand! Alice began to tear up at the situation, knowing full well that either way, she lost. She could starve herself and be miserable (which gave her a shudder... Not talking to her friends for that whole week had been absolutely dreadful!) or get as big as Mel and have her mother judge her!

Big tears formed in the edges of Alice's eyes- something that hadn't happened in a very, very long time. Small sniffles started to turn into whimpers of self pity, Alice's old self-esteem problems all manifesting themselves anew. "Hey, Alice, just seeing if you needed any- Oh. Oh, no..." Ronnie said as she stuck her head into the room, seeing her best friend crying dejectedly at a table. Alice snapped up at the sound, staring at Ronnie with wide eyes, rather than cowering away like the "old" Alice would have. "Oh no no no, we can't have that! Alice, what's going on? Is it... Your mom?" Ronnie asked carefully, causing Alice to give a very slow nod, her eyes never leaving Ronnie's face.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ikearct (UN: ikearct at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bobo the Hobo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856959-Buttercombe-Academy-for-Growing-Girls/cid/1496133-Creative-Cooking