*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Continue
  2. The United States
  3. And so it begins.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1881196-Dust-To-Dust/cid/2780020-Continue
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1881196
The creation of a powerful drug heralds a whole new era of terror.
This choice: Continue  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Continue

    by: Nirro
You wake up turning restlessly, your phone going off with a notification.

"Have you tried this?" Another ad to wake you up. Checking the time you realize it's already three in the morning. You get off the sofa, stretching your body, before checking your wallet, only to find about fifteen dollars and eighty-two cents total.

"Fuck." You mutter in defeat. You had graduated five years ago, being one the best in the class, had a chance to go anywhere, yet blew it. Bad. You were kicked out of the university, you destroyed your work, so nobody could claim it in a very intense argument. To add injury to insult, you did a year of hard time. You got sent to prison in under two days. It was originally supposed to be a 15 year lock up. The case was basically done and you got lucky. It was dropped after About a year and was over, the people pressing the legal talons into you had assumed you learned your lesson, they let you walked free in 3. Your parents disowned you in a letter a week into prison, with a letter from each parent and siblings telling you how "bad" you were, detailing your failures, and, how their expectations were betrayed. Ultimately issuing a restraining order on you and making it very well known that you were not accepted or even spoke about anymore to anyone in front of your parents. Your case never made headlines or shook the world. You just got swept under the rug, all hush-hush. After it all settled down and the dust was clearing: you ended up in a very distance city across the country, or rather the halfway house kicked you out in under a day, with little to no money so you had to get a job asap. Luckily, mechanics were still paid okay. After months of people giving you crap, you escaped to a very hidden away town, with a sizable population. You owned a small dinky repair shop now. Ac units, cars, appliances, computers, you did it all, alone. You also lived in the upper half, having recently bought a sofa and stove for under a hundred dollars, it was a great buy for you. You has gas, electricity, running water, and, a roof over your head. All in all your alive, your okay, and, there tomorrow.

"I guess am living the quiet life now." You thought, happy you had the essentials and some pocket money for food at the 24-hour mart. As you looked to the table. Out of habit you still continued your work, the intellectual in you wanted to see how far you could take this expirmental idea that you ended in the university. Expanding the mind, connecting people on different level, these were your goals. After a year of getting back on track, you think you might have done it. Unfortunately, the truck and food payments come first. It's late but, there's an all night Walmart opened here, it's still pretty new and has a sizable selection. You thinking about going out and trying to get some food when you realize you need to save up. Begrudgingly you pull out a can of crackers and sausages. For a dollar a pack it will hold you over till the morning and then you can go the bank. You need to check your balance and take care of the front business anyways.

**********************"****"**************************

In the past few hours you have been working in a secret laboratory on the third floor. Having begun making preparations for another test of your drug. The dust expirmental substance you named projection powered. You made and used once a long time ago in the university. You learned how some of your colleagues were attempting to sell it for money on the campus and how some of them were trying to paten it under their name before it's completion. But none of them were successful, you may have been exiled forever, but you felt like it was a hard won victory. "Hell none of them even knew what it did anyways." You say aloud.

You pressed the recorder beging it's job. "All right, begining test. Session number 14, with new subject: Alyssa Dunie. Subject is 17 years of age, has both living parents, Zack Dunie and Marie Dunie. One older sister, Racheal Dunie age 24. I will assume the identity of one subject and act their life until I can make it back here. Unless I can make it back here in their body." You end it writing down the time, date, small notes, and ingest the white powder.

It's like being shocked with a high voltage of electricity, yet it's cold like diving into ice. Soon you feel warm, your hands are moving. And your eyes open.

"It worked." You say in your new feminine voice. Alyssa Dunie, was now being driven by you: the expirment was a success so far, but you had improved the formula and had to check if it worked as intended. As you rose from the borrowed bed and placed your new legs on the floor, you realized she was nude. It was captivating, her body. She was not a cheerleader, but she danced quite a bit in her free time. She went to the city every chance she got it may be an long drive damn near two hours on all sides, but she loved going and dancing.

"Well, what can I say? I want to dance on Broadway." Alyssa says, with the exact same tone and singing voice she told her parents last night before bed.

"Increadble, simply increadble." You say now, realizing how much power your new formula had. You wanted to test it out, to see how far you could go.in her today. You had her memories and her body. Nobody would miss her. You begin her morning rituals of stretching before a run, her parents already gone for errands, and, the house absolutely empty. You could take her to the lab, she still has 2 hours before school.

"Hmmm."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. No, research comes first

*Noteb*
2. A little divergent of the plan

*Noteb*
3. Taking Alyssa to the lab.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Nirro (UN: nirxor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1881196-Dust-To-Dust/cid/2780020-Continue