*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Corpulent Company
  2. Mmm... Doughnuts
  3. Break Room Business
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933610-Office-fatty/cid/1883420-Corpulent-Company
by clutch
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1933610
The women at Gordge inc. are getting fat. With the office lifestyle pounds pile on!
This choice: Courtney's ideas have everyone packing on the pounds  •  Go Back...
Chapter #60

Corpulent Company

    by: Bobo the Hobo
Over the next few months, Courtney’s itinerary for improving the office finally came full circle. In time she had managed to almost completely remodel the Gordge building to suit her tastes, taking great measure to ensure that her employees were getting exactly what they wanted. Jenna may have been the most benevolent boss anyone could have asked for, but Courtney had a certain way of getting things done. She was an ambitious go-getter, even this late in the game, who had more or less been watching Jenna do her job for years now. The main difference between the two was follow-through—Courtney had the drive and corporate know-how to get things done, whereas Jenna was more or less content her (admittedly positive) results. Sales improved, customer feedback improved, and thus so did their funding.

With that money, funneled by her impressive head for business into investments and partnerships with local businesses, their branch’s budget was becoming as grossly overfed as its employees. In that time, Courtney made sure to implement as many of her ideas as she could with the money that was left over; the break room was rewired with new speakers for the radio, the snacks in the vending machine switched to name brands, she remodeled everyone’s cubicles and put minifridges in them! Morale was so high around the office that she had somehow managed to trade everyone staying an extra thirty minutes each day for an extra lunch break and extending their fifteens to thirties! Their local partners in the community were getting rich, the office girls were all happy as clams, and frankly the CEOs were left scratching their heads as to why they hadn’t put Courtney in charge in the first place.

Of course all these perks came with the downside of dependency and complacency. Despite how happy everyone was, the suggestion box was usually overflowing with further suggestions on improving the office. The office chairs were considered so “flimsy” by many of the local Gordge employees that Courtney had finally broken down and begun ordering exclusively from the company that made her own chair, replacing everyone’s one day without warning. Doorway widening was becoming less of a kindness to the heavier-set folk and more and more of a necessity. Replacing the (brand new!) fridge in the break room with something a little bigger wasn’t exactly the optimum way to spend their resources, and even Courtney was sure that what food they bought specifically to keep in the break room should have lasted longer than a few days considering she’d bumped up the budget—twice!

But even still, Corporate couldn’t have cared less. It seemed the better she did, the more money she got thrown at her for her to do what she pleased with. Sure everyone may have been abusing the system a little bit with all these nifty perks—but who could blame them?

You have the following choice:

1. Word character limit, yo.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bobo the Hobo (UN: psuedophobic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
clutch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933610-Office-fatty/cid/1883420-Corpulent-Company