*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Something unexpected happens
  2. The surprise
  3. Invited
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934652-Best-FriendsRight/cid/1602939-Something-unexpected-happens
Rated: E · Interactive · Thriller/Suspense · #1934652
Teen is invited to his best friend's house. (Shrinking/Transformation)
This choice: Something unexpected happens [hamster]  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Something unexpected happens

    by: NEDM (TwoTailedMoon)
Eric starts looking through the object directory on the device with a huge smile.

"lets see.... a bowl of cereal?"

"Uh no!" says Tommy with disapproval

"Uhh... a pancake?"

"NO."

"A slice of pizz-"

"WHY DO YOU WANT TO TURN ME INTO FOOD?!?" Tommy shouted loudly with a non-serious tone.

"Heh, sorry, I guess I've got food on the mind. I didn't really finish all my breakfast this morning"

"So, you were planning on snacking on me? Wow, some friend you are"

"No! That's not what I was..just ...ughhh never-mind.......Why can't you just trust me?"

"Uh no. You're not exactly the most reliable person I know." Tommy sighed sarcastically

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Are you serious? I can't even count the amount of times I've asked you to do something for me, only to learn you totally forgot about it."

"Oh yeah? Name one time"

"The time I asked you to hand in my math homework"

"..oh..but.. That was your fault for not reminding me!"

"SERIOUSLY?! I called you two times about it the night before!" Tommy was starting to get genuinely annoyed.

"Yeah, I remember. I missed a chance to beat my high score on Katamari Damacy because of one of those calls! You and your stupid obsessiveness."

"WOW. Your stupid video game is more important than my grade?! What kind of friend are you?"

Eric was really ticked now.

"What about you?! You're always such an up-tight jerk. That's the reason I'm practically your only friend. No one even likes you. It's probably the reason your dad is always away from home!

The moment the words left Eric's mouth, he immediately regretted them. Tommy looked like he was already fighting back the urge to cry.

"A JERK HUH?! I COULD SAY THE SAME! MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST GO! I'M STARTING TO THINK THAT LIFE WITHOUT YOU AROUND WOULD BE MUCH EASIER!"

With that Tommy stormed out of his room with watery eyes as he ran into the hallway bathroom.

"Ugh, why am I so stupid?" Eric thought to himself.

He knew that deep down Tommy didn't mean anything he had said. Neither of them had many other friends to speak of. The two had been best friends forever.

The teen sighed as he walked over to Tommy's bed. Placing the transformation gun down, the Eric noticed that Gear was still scurrying around on the top of the wide mattress.

"What do YOU think I should do?" Spoke Eric, playfully stroking the small mammal.

"Meh, I'm sure time will heal this. We've been through worse arguments than this" Eric continued speaking to himself in the empty room.

"I should talk with him" The teen whispered as he stood up and began walking towards the entrance of the room.

Unknowingly to Eric, the curious hamster had begun investigating the transformation device as he walked away.

There was a sudden *Beep* noise as the hamster's hind-leg nudged against the trigger.

Eric turned around just in time to see a bright flash.

....

..

"W-..what happened?!" Eric heart began to race rapidly as he now viewed the room from an entirely different perspective. The room was now enormous. The desk, the bed, and everything else completely towered over him.

"W-..wait a minute Why... why am I so small?!"

That was when Eric noticed Gear standing a short distance away from him. He could tell that they were both about roughly the same size.

("how did he get down here so fast?")

The teen wasn't sure if he should approach the hamster since it didn't seem to be moving. Deciding he had to do something, Eric began to walk towards the furry creature. Just as he did however, the hamster started to walk towards him as well.

The sudden movement made Eric stop in his tracks, but to his surprise, Gear did the exact same thing.

...."w-what...."

Eric's heart suddenly stopped. He had only just realized that he was facing the mirror of Tommy's closet. The hamster in the reflection wasn't Gear....

..... it was him.

"W...W...W.." He couldn't make a word.

Frantically, the newly transformed hamster turned around and looked desperately towards the bed where the transformation device had been.

It was still sitting where it had been, but what really caught Eric's attention was the ACTUAL Gear. He had somehow climbed up onto the window-sill from Tommy's bed and was beginning to crawl onto the roof outside.

Eric would have felt guilty, but he was more concerned with his own situation.

("I have to get to that device...") He spoke internally.

Without giving it another second to consider, he began to run across the massive room.

Running on all fours wasn't easy at first, but the more he ran, the more instinctual the act became.

Just as he was half way there...

*THUMP*

*THUMP*

*THUMP*

("...w-what is that?")

Eric stopped in his tracks and turned to see where the source of the loud vibrations were coming from.

He held is breath as the massive form of his younger friend came walking through the door-frame.

("augh crap...")

You have the following choices:

1. Misunderstanding

2. Reader's choice

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) (UN: twotailedmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934652-Best-FriendsRight/cid/1602939-Something-unexpected-happens