*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1614373-Dad-runs-in
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: Dad runs in.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Dad runs in.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
Dad ran into the room shortly after hearing your scream and took immediate notice of the water logged room. To say he was unimpressed would have been an understatement as he slowly turned to Tex, a death look in his eyes. "I want to know exactly what happened here." softly, he said.

"Dad, I can explain!" his face pale, Tex said.

"It was my fault, dad." sadly, you said.

Dad turned to you, a look of surprise on his face. "Yours, Jessica?" looking at you questionably, he asked.

"I- I teased Tex about the book I found." softly, you said. "I guess he was proving to me that mad science was real."

Dad sighed then turned to Tex. "Have you forgotten that we were going to wait with telling Jessica the truth until hers and your birthday next week?" sternly, he asked. "Also, do you realize the damage you had caused with your impatience to show off your unstable powers?"

Tex began to shiver. "Please don't do anything to me." near tears, he begged.

"Dad..." looking at him, you said. "Can you fix this?"

Dad snapped his fingers and the room was back to the way it was before in a flash. "It was not the damage to the room I was referring to, honey." more calmly, he said. "I was referring to the damage to the trust you have in this family."

"What do you mean?" worried, you asked.

Dad sighed. "Only boys can produce, harness, and control chaotic energy." softly, he explained. "Girls have this power as well but it lies dormant within them until they are transformed into a boy." he winced. "You can develop a resistance to this power but it must be used against you for it to build."

"So I'm powerless among a family of mad scientists?" fearful, you asked.

"You are far from powerless." chuckling, dad said. "You will discover this when the time is right." he then turned to Tex. "Mat will get his laboratory far before you if you keep this up. Also, if you don't earn the lab soon, you may find yourself in a... different situation."

He walked out of the room, leaving both you and Tex shaken but for different reasons.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. You and Tex talk.

2. Tex storms away.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1614373-Dad-runs-in