*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The unknown factor.
  2. James.
  3. Magic or science!?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2100991-The-unknown-factor
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: He walked away before you notice.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The unknown factor.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
James was not certain how to tell you that he, no all the boys in your family were mad scientists with powerful almost supernatural abilities. He decided it best to slip away without your notice and consult with dad as what to do about your discovery of the chaotic science book and what he had observed regarding a possible power of your own. Unknown to him, you were uncertain what to make of your strange discovery. You decided it best to return both the chaotic science book and your magic book back to where you had found them and sneak away before anyone took notice of you. As you walked out of the sitting room, however, James had second thoughts and returned to speak with you. Both he and you nearly collided in the hall and stepped back startled. For a moment, you both stared at each other with an uncomfortable awkwardness in the air.

"Um.. Hey, James." Slowly, you said. "I'm glad to see you back."

"Thanks, sis." Softly, James replied. "It feels good to be home again."

You and James again felt the awkwardness in the air. The silence was maddening to both of you. James looked you in the eye to find them wavering, as if you wanted to say or ask something. As you looked into his eyes, you noticed the same thing, only his eyes seemed to be trying to pry into your mind as if hoping to read your thoughts.

"He suspects something." you thought. "Did he see me earlier? How am I going to tell him I'm a witch?"

"She suspects something." thought James. "I know she found the book of chaotic science. How am I going to tell her all the boys in her family are mad scientists?"

"I... I missed you, bro." you said, trying to break the ice. "For a while, I thought I had something to do with you running off so suddenly." Your eyes began to water. "I'm really glad you're back."

Unknown to you, James had kept in contact with dad, secretly, and he had told him that you had been acting very strange since he had left for his training. Now James knew what his father meant by the unknown factor. Something unknown was driving you into a shy inward state as you would have normally hugged him by now, happy to see him back home. Instead, you seemed just as distant as he felt, knowing that he could not reveal his chaotic powers to you.

Aunt Viva had told you never to reveal your magical to anyone; now you had a better understanding why. You had to train to protect yourself, as well as your family and friends from your powers. You were eager to learn as you had a close relationship with dad and your brothers, as well as your friends, Tonya and Jack. You did not want to accidentally harm them. It really hurt you not to tell anyone, especially dad, what you were really doing in the attic but you knew it was the right thing to do. Viva told you during her lectures on Skype that you would know when the time was right to reveal your powers to the family.

"I so want to show him everything." you thought, frustrated. "I'm also curious to know where he's been all this time, but how do I do it without completely freaking him out?"

"I so want to tell her everything." thought James. "I'm also curious to know what she's been up to all this time, acting so strangely, but how do I do it without completely blowing her mind or worse, freaking her out completely?"

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. You decide to talk.

*Noteb*
2. James decides to talk.

3. You both walk away, uncertain.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/2100991-The-unknown-factor