*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Homeward
  2. On the Move
  3. Uninvited
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2013234-The-Evergrowing-Fantasy/cid/1890172-Homeward
by Doom
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2013234
An amazing, colossal interactive. Trouble grows when a size-changing device is stolen.
This choice: You decide to go home immediately.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Homeward

    by: Amazing Colossal Archive
author: -yellowfeather-

A deep, tingling breath of fresh success goes well with a drink of morning's sweet dew, with the whole day to follow in reward unequaled. Your lips part, and you mouth silent thanks with shut eyes reflecting to open sky. A lone cloud overhead takes the shape of an arrow flying in the direction you need go. Following this heavenly sign, you loiter no longer at the scene and take flight to the filling lot of automotive obstructions.

You rush against the flow of student body traffic without attracting any particular attention to yourself, just an unknown nobody with big dreams in a backpack. Car door unlocked for instant access, you sit in the worn interior and take the steering wheel gently in both hands. All is still in this crucial moment. Slowly sliding fingers toward preset keys, you bring the getaway car to life, and on the first try no less. Your luck even holds as you steadily navigate your way out of the maze.

Out on the road, you focus on the sometimes difficult task of keeping all four tires on the road as well as on your vehicle, but miraculously there's not a single pebble or pothole in your journey to the city you call home. Suddenly all these buildings, five, ten, twenty stories, don't seem so tall, and you smile as you stop and go your way from street to street. "No way!" you are compelled to shout to the world, the perfect parking space simply waiting at your doorstep. "Unbelievable," you reiterate disbelief as you casually roll into paradise.

You begin usual exit procedures and slide into the passenger's seat for its sidewalk door. Shifting the pack on your shoulder, you blindly throw open the door and hop out almost on the red-tipped toes of a young woman. She gasps and you apologize several times, eyes sweeping swiftly up the length of her curving, red-draped body to her long locks of curly, blonde hair. She nods and excuses your mistake with an enchanting smile, eager to continue on to her destiny.

She wasn't more than three steps on when you uttered a simple, "Wow." You follow her backside for a second or two more, then shuffle gaze and thought between apartment building door and the pack on your back and back again to the strikingly stunning woman who still has you standing in a stupor. She enters a quaint diner on the corner which you frequent often, the sunbeams bouncing off her hair like golden hooks, and you are the fish.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Amazing Colossal Archive (UN: amazingarchive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2013234-The-Evergrowing-Fantasy/cid/1890172-Homeward