*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2181805-Shrinking-Years-at-Hogwarts/cid/3329614-The-Polyjuice-Disaster
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2181805
A Harry Potter Shrinking Story that can take place during any year or event.
This choice: The Polyjuice Disaster  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Polyjuice Disaster

    by: TinyEthan13
Hermione gave the polyjuice potion one last stir. "Okay, I think it is finally ready." She scooped out two large helpings of the mud-like stuff for Harry and Ron. It reacted violently when she dropped Crab and Goel's hair into the cups. This concerned Hermione; she did not think it was supposed to do that. However, she did not say anything and handed the boys their potion.

"What about you? Aren't you having some?" asked Ron.

"Well, I thought you two could go first. Then I can watch the effects of polyjuice potion firsthand. It should be pretty interesting." Hermione said excitedly. "Plus, if anything goes wrong, I need to be ready to help."

Ron eyed the liquid with disgust. "Yeah, right. I bet you are just trying to worm your way out of drinking this stuff. It looks terrible."

"Let's just get this over with," Harry interjected before Hermione could retort back with a snide comment. "On the count of three, then?" Ron nodded, and the boys raised the cups to their mouths. "One...Two...Three" Harry swallowed it as quickly as he could. It made him shudder before breaking into a coughing fit. Meanwhile, Ron gaged on the thick dirt-tasting substance and barely managed to get it down. For a moment, nothing happened. "Ugg, I kind of feel light-headed."

Then Hermione gasped as Harry and Ron got smaller before her eyes. It all happened very quickly. One moment they were standing in front of her; the next, there was just a pile of robes. "Ron? Harry?" she called, a slight quaver in her voice. The two boys were completely disoriented and had no idea what had happened. Looking around, Harry thought he might be inside a dark tent of some sort. Then, with embarrassment, he realized that he was naked. Before he could piece together an explanation that made sense, the canvas beneath Harry's feet shifted.

Harry landed roughly on the hard stone floor. He looked next to him and saw Ron, who was also naked. The two looked at each other in shock. "What the hell?" Ron muttered. Their attention was then drawn to a pair of giant shoes. Necks craned, and they looked up to see Hermione towering over them. She looked just as shocked to be seeing them tiny.

"Are you guys okay?" Hermione asked, concerned. She bent down and scooped up the tiny boys. They marveled at the size of her hands, which were soft and warm beneath them.

"I think so," Harry replied tentatively as Hermione examined them. "What happened?"

"I'm not quite sure." Hermione thought for a moment. "It is possible that we did something wrong, but I am pretty sure I followed the steps exactly. Except we had to substitute a few ingredients since we could get the high-quality stuff. For some strange reason, the potion has a completely different effect. Now you are both tiny...and naked." She stifled a giggle, poking them with her wand.

Remembering, both boys tried to cover themselves. Ron glared at her. "This is not funny. You need to get us help."

Hermione bit her lip. "I'm not sure that is the best idea. We could get in big trouble or even face expulsion. I think it is better if I try and find a solution."

"So we will be stuck like this?" asked Harry. "But for how long?"

"I don't know. The good news is that we still have a week and a half left of the holiday. That gives us time to work on a solution before anyone notices you are gone." Hermione said to the boy's dismay. Neither of them fancied being stuck at this size. "First things first, let's get you dressed." She dropped poured some of the failed potion onto their clothes.

The fabric smoked, but unfortunately, it did not work. "It must only work if it's ingested. So I guess you will just have to stay like that." Hermione dumped Ron and Harry into her shirt pocket. "I am going to head straight to the library." The boys got jostled around with each step she took.

"Can you believe this?" moaned Ron. Harry shook his head, at a loss for words. Never could he have imagined that he would have ended up shrunk, naked, and in his friend's pocket. Meanwhile, Hermione was still trying to contain giggles. While she did not what anything bad to Harry and Ron, she found the situation funny. Plus, Hermione kind of liked the idea of keeping them on her bedside table.

From their spot in Hermione's pocket, the boys could see her grab books off the shelf. Once she had a sizeable stack, their giant friend sat down heavily. Then she scooped them out. "This is going to take a while. The place is deserted, so I think it should be fine for you to be out."

"Can't you get us some sort of clothes," complained Ron, feeling very exposed.

"If you distract me, I will never be able to find a solution to this problem." Hermione opened a book with a clunk. The force felt like an earthquake to the tiny boys. With nothing else to do, Harry and Ron sat and watched Hermione turn through the pages. They were still blown away by her size.

Hours passed as Hermione continued to read. The boys amused themselves by climbing the giant pile of books. Suddenly footsteps sounded on the other side of one of the shelves. "Mrs. Granger," called the librarian's voice. "It's time to go." In a panic, Hermione made to hide her shrunken friends. Without really thinking, she...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Threw them into her mouth

*Noteb*
2. Brushed them onto the chair and sat down

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 TinyEthan13 (UN: tinyethan13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Haro-Haze has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2181805-Shrinking-Years-at-Hogwarts/cid/3329614-The-Polyjuice-Disaster