*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. No Time Like the Present
  2. New Girl, New Life
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2197886-Small-Town-Experiments/cid/2720189-No-Time-Like-the-Present
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2197886
A girl in a small town finds herself embroiled in a tale of weight gain and mystery
This choice: Agree to get the shot  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

No Time Like the Present

    by: Komfy Kat
Sam could hear the light ticking of a clock, as she glanced around the room trying to locate it. She'd already heard the first bell, signaling the end of lunch, which meant she probably had less than five minutes to get her shot and find her class. That really didn't leave a whole lot of time for questions if she wanted to be to class on time.

She bit her lip as she glanced from the door to Mrs. Vee, who was waiting patiently for Sam to respond. Normally she would like to ask more questions about this shot she was about to get, but she really didn't have time, and she was sure that refusing would probably waste more time than the questions. Besides, she had already been late to one of her classes, and she wasn't eager to be known as the girl who was always late.

Sam sighed, nodding her head as she lifted her left sleeve for the nurse.

"This won't hurt a bit," Mrs. Vee said, pulling out a syringe filled with clear liquid.

Sam instinctively looked away as the shot approached. It wasn't like she was afraid of shots, but she was positive that they hurt less if you didn't watch them. Though a moment later, she felt a sharp prick, followed by a burning sensation as the nurse injected her with whatever was in the syringe.

"There, that wasn't so bad." Mrs Vee said, slapping a tan bandage onto the site of the shot.

Sam just shook her head as she grabbed her bag and stood up. She grimaced at the burning sensation in her arm as the weight of her bag made her shoulder feel a bit sore.

Mrs. Vee smiled as she hoisted her large body to her feet and moved to open the door for Sam, letting in the noise of people trying to get to class on time, "Well, you better hurry if you don't want to be late for class."

Sam just nodded before stepping out into the rapidly emptying hallway, still moving her arm as she tried to work out the burning sensation. She glanced over her shoulder as she heard the door close with a loud click behind her, and began making her way towards where she though her class was.

Despite how small the school was, she still got turned around a couple of times, before finding her next class. She hurried in to find everyone already at their seats, and plopped down in an empty chair right as the bell rang. Breathing a sigh of relief, she quickly forgot about the shot as she focused on paying attention in class. As the day went on, though, she found herself growing really hungry despite her large lunch, and by the time she took her seat in her last class it was almost all she could think about.

Her stomach let out a massive growl that was masked by the ringing of the final bell of the day. She blushed slightly, hoping that no one had noticed as she quickly gather her stuff. She was determined to get some food. Though, she probably should work out first, lest she end up like her fellow classmates.

She was almost to the door, when she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned to see an extremely fat boy standing behind her, looking sheepishly at the ground, while he was obviously blushing.

"I, uh, was wondering if you wanted to maybe grab a bite to eat. I'd be happy to show you around town a little since, you're new. I know a really good buffet, though my mom makes really good food too." the boy stammered, obviously trying to be nice, despite being really nervous.

Sam was rather surprised that this was the first student to talk to her all day. Especially since he seemed like a bit of an outcast, even among his fellow students. Still, despite how large he was, there was a bit of a boyish cuteness to him, and she was sure he'd probably be one of the most handsome students if he lost a couple hundred pounds. On top of that, it wasn't like anyone else had really gone out of their way to befriend her.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Komfy Kat (UN: komfykat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Komfy Kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2197886-Small-Town-Experiments/cid/2720189-No-Time-Like-the-Present