*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Morning Comes
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2205024-Tiny-Tutor-Re-Upload/cid/2743986-Morning-Comes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by bobob1
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2205024
A brilliant, one-inch tall guy starts a private tutor business. Maybe not his best idea.
Chapter #1

Morning Comes

    by: bobob1
You were woken up by the sound of birds chirping outside your window. Rubbing the sleep out of your eyes, you groaned and sat up, pushing the blanket you had been sleeping with off of you. You stretched out your arms and legs, glancing around your room, which was lit only by a few slits of sunlight coming through the mostly closed window.

Despite being only one-inch tall, the house you lived in had an unused bedroom, so your mom had gone ahead and given it to you. It was a little silly to have this full-sized room at your size. It was even more ridiculous that your mom had insisted on buying you a queen-sized bed. Still, you weren’t really in a position to complain. You knew how much of a burden you could be on your family.

Still, this normal sized bedroom had caused problems in the past. Like the time where your drunk mother had stumbled into the room and flopped down on the bed while you were sleeping, thinking it was her own bedroom. You woke up crushed flat under her thigh. Or the time where your sister’s best friend had stayed overnight and claimed this room as her own. Her screams had nearly shattered the windows when she spotted the “gross, human-like bug”. You also couldn’t count on two hands the number of times your mom had unknowingly scooped you up with the blankets and tossed you into the washing machine.

You walked to the edge of your bed and slid down the blankets onto the floor. Years of trekking around the world at your diminutive size had drastically increased your endurance and stamina, and most physically feats you were required to overcome daily were nothing to you now. You left your room through the open door (which was almost never closed, since you were incapable of doing so), and headed out into the hallway.

As you walked through the hallway, your mother’s bedroom door swung open, and she stepped out into the hallway. You were caught off guard by this, and barely managed to dodge her bunny slipper-clad foot from crushing you underneath. Sensing a chance opportunity, you grabbed onto the back of her slipper, and allowed your oblivious mother to carry you all the way downstairs onto the ground floor of your house.

It was bumpy, but your mom soon reached the kitchen. You jumped off of her slipper and onto the tiled floor. As your mom began fixing herself a bowl of cereal, you climbed up the side of the kitchen counter and onto the countertop. Your mother was two feet away from you, pouring Cheerios into her bowl. You walked over to her, waving your arm.

“Good morning m…” You cried, about to finish your sentence by saying the word “mom.” However, before you could even think about it, Shannon’s grip on the cereal box slipped, and an avalanche of Cheerios poured out of the box and onto the countertop…and you.

Your friendly greeting turned into a scream as you were buried beneath a wave of Cheerios. Shannon glanced around, having heard the faint voice of her son. Not finding you anywhere, she simply shrugged and gathered up the fallen Cheerios. Smiling innocently, she dumped them into her cereal bowl, then went to put the box away.

You found yourself half buried under several Cheerios and lying in your mom’s bowl. Only your head was visible and un-flattened. You squirmed and wiggled, trying to get yourself free. Looking up, you saw your mom enter your view again, carrying a gallon of milk. Your eyes went wide, and your heart skipped a beat.

Shannon dumped the milk into the bowl, creating quite a splash. She poured a generous amount of milk in, until every Cheerio piece was thoroughly soaked. After putting the gallon back in the fridge, she plunged her spoon into the bowl and spun the Cheerios around, submerging all of them in turn. Humming a little tune, she took a seat at the table and began to eat.

As a result of your mom swirling the Cheerios around in her bowl, your now paper-thin body was left floating at the top of the milk, lying face up. You hurriedly tried to reform, not wanting to be scarfed down by your ravenous mother. Sadly, her attention was fixated on the morning newspaper, and not on her poor trapped son floating amongst her cereal.

A moment later, your younger sister Stacy walked into the room. She gave your mom a hug and said good morning. By sheer coincidence, she glanced at your mother’s cereal bowl, and noticed the floating, man-shaped piece of cereal. She immediately realized it was you, and at the last possible moment. Smiling at the comics section, your mom dipped her spoon into her bowl and raised you and several other Cheerios up to her mouth.

“Wait mom!” Stacy cried, gripping Shannon’s arm. “That’s Sam!” She pointed to the spoon. Your mom dropped her newspaper and peered at her spoon. Her eyes widened, and she gasped.

“Oh goodness Sammy! How did this happen?” She exclaimed.

***

Thirty minutes later, and you were sitting on the couch in the living room. Stacy had taken you upstairs, cleaned you off, let you change into casual clothes (which were custom ordered to fit your size and shipped from overseas), and carried you back downstairs. She had then fixed you a few tiny pieces of buttered toast for breakfast. Lastly, she had set you down on the couch, before taking a seat in the recliner opposite the couch.

With some time to finally think, you began to contemplate what you were actually going to do today. Your mind was instantly drawn to your private tutoring business. After no neighborhood requests, you had placed your ad online, and hundreds of requests had come to your inbox already. After sorting through them, you had narrowed down the potential offers to a few within a thirty-minute drive from your house. Both Stacy and your mom were willing to take you wherever you needed to go.

Leaving your house was always terrifying, and you had hardly ever done it before. Least of all, on purpose. Both your mother and Stacy had accidentally brought you with them when they left the house. Plenty of times. But you couldn’t recall too many times where you had left on your own accord. Only for very special occasions, like vacations or school meetings.

Still, you had to put your intelligence and degree in Education to use somehow. And, the offers you had been given were for quite a good deal of money. Plus, the adventurous side of you wanted to see and explore the world more. Sometimes you liked when things got a little dangerous (but not too crazy). Also, you had taken notice that every request you received was from a girl. This excited you just a tad, because your interaction with girls outside of your sister and mother was very minimal.

However, it was also a Sunday, which meant that not much was going on. Ever since waking up, you had felt incredibly lazy. You wondered if maybe it would be a better idea to take a vacation day today, and just lounge around at home. Or, maybe you could go out somewhere with your family and have some fun. There was a public, lakeside beach only an hour away. There was also a pretty large mall, and even an amusement park.

After some deliberation, what do you decide to do?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 bobob1 (UN: spiker8000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bobob1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2205024-Tiny-Tutor-Re-Upload/cid/2743986-Morning-Comes