*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Secret of Survival
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2207532-Surviving-in-a-Monster-World/cid/2758039-Secret-of-Survival
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2207532
A human boy in a world of hungry monsters. Things don't look too promising.
Chapter #1

Secret of Survival

    by: Johnny Foxx
James had been sitting at his usual spot alone in the cafeteria, not even eating the piss poor excuse for what passed as a burger around here. The bun was stale, the patty was freezer burnt, and the cheese was that gross spray from a can kind. James swore that the school board served these crappy meals on purpose to encourage the monster students of his school to eat their human classmates instead.

As the other students chattered all around him, he started to reflect on how he, by some miracle, had made it to his sophomore year of high school. He was halfway there, only two more years to go. Most humans his age are eaten by some random beast halfway through freshman year.

But deep down in his gut, he had this strange feeling that unless he did something to ensure his continued survival, he wouldn't even see summer vacation this year. A premonition, if you will.

He looked around the room as he considered his options. First, he could try and befriend one of his Monster classmates, or better yet, get himself a monster girlfriend. That way, he'd have sort of a personal bodyguard. But the problem with that, was what if his potential mate, so to speak, was more interested in having him over as dinner, rather than for it.

Next, he could find a student that knew magic, and ask them to teach him. In this world, humans who know magic aren't technically considered monsters, but they tend to live much longer, due to predators not wanting to risk being melted into a puddle. As James thought this, he look d over in the corner of the room and saw Nick, the school goth dude, also sitting by himself. Even the bullies of the school were afraid of him, because of rumors that he was a necromancer that could raise the dead. Perhaps he could teach James a few tricks to defend himself?

A third option was to ask Rene for help, but this was definitely a last resort. Rene was the head cheerleader of the school, as well as a succubus. Being a demon, this of course meant she had a fondness for making deals with mortals, especially human males. Usually it was for popularity, money, or even a one night stand. But Rene was well known for having a sadistic streak, and those who made deals with her tended to regret them. Butmaybe, just maybe, if he phrased the terms of the deal just right, he could come out on top.

Finally, there was the option to become a monster himself. Though not unheard of, it was extremely rare for someone born a human to become a monster, and there were supposedly several ways of doing it, but all of them were just theories and myths, none of them having been proven to work.

So, what will it be?

You have the following choices:

1. Get a monster girlfriend

2. Learn magic

3. Ask Rene for help

4. Become a monster yourself

5. Too late! Lunch is over.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Johnny Foxx (UN: jfoxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2207532-Surviving-in-a-Monster-World/cid/2758039-Secret-of-Survival