*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Talk about morally ambiguous
  2. From humble beginnings.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211018-A-boy-vs-the-world/cid/3129594-Talk-about-morally-ambiguous
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #2211018
Can Carl Ruiz become not the hero we need nor deserve. But the one we only got?
This choice: ...a currently undefined monster has been attacking the fair!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Talk about morally ambiguous

    by: P O S T B O Y
"..a currently unknown monster, or perhaps a group of unknown monsters, details are still developing. The creature or creatures has been attacking the Buckley memorial fairgrounds at five o'clock. Law enforcement is currently performing evacuations and urging people to stay in their homes until the military or superheroes arrive and examine the situation." Carl winced at such a horrifying turn of events. His heart raced like he just got through a cross country race in one lap. He didn't even change into anything to conceal himself or discretely remove himself vaulted through the ceiling like a cannonball firing vertically instead horizontally. But as his parents and siblings cursed in shock, he was already moving through the air in the direction of the fair ground. In such a vigorous rush, Carl didn't have time to read the full article....

"Many eye witnesses said the creature/s came out of newly opened exhibit at Miss Bentham's oddities, a renowned but highly infamous circus and carnival. Known for showcasing strange artifacts, mutants, and exotic beings. Rumor has it that Ms. Bentham is tied to many illegal activities such as smuggling, money laundering, and black market dealings. But Ms. Bentham denied these...
"


Well...that doesn't bode well...

[TIME-SKIP]

"Jesus christ...." Carl muttered as landed in the empty lot with police barricades and tapes littered about. Thanks to his superior level of hearing, Carl heard the barking of law enforcement and panicked chatter of denizens a good mile from the perimeter. But the distinct clacking of heels earned his imminent attention, as the owner of the sound was a rather short blonde curly haired older woman wearing a white and purple pipestripe dress and red heels. With a puffy black coat definitely made out of some animal over her shoulders. Lit cigarette hugged her glossy red lips that curled up in a gleeful smile.

"Oh hello Darling! I am sure that you are here to handle our little tantrum situation! These young ones can get so rowdy..." The classy woman sighed with an overly dramatic flair just as a thunderous roar erupted from where the tents were at. Judging the way the very ground shook like a major quake has struck, who or what ever made that was big. Carl felt his knee jittery like a newborn fawn, but the woman, Ms. Bentham, was largely unfazed and tsked in reponse. "Ah, the wonders of adolescence, a young boy like you would understand. But come along, come along."

She sauntered to the entrance of the main tent, with Carl close behind. With audible swallows of spit and air, he builds enough courage and asks,:

"Um Ms.."

"Ophelia Bentham, young man."

"Right....Ms Bentham, you mind telling me...who or what I'm dealing with?"

"Ah yes! For starters, there are four escapees, or possibly five...if they managed to free her out of the timeout room..." Carl's hair stood on its end as he felt a veritable chill in the air as the woman's voice went polite and cordial to dark and venomous in mere nanoseconds. His heightened instincts screaming at him at this sweet little old lady were not to be trifled with or underestimated at any level. She didn't seem to notice or care as continued with her sweet peasant tone, shortly returning without a beat. "They are very close to one another, having a sibling relationship due to being raised near one another for most of their young lives. And they are very young, the youngest being around ten and the oldest is two to three years your senior. And finally we found them in cages (Something you don't believe in one bit) at ...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 P O S T B O Y (UN: christyadot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
P O S T B O Y has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211018-A-boy-vs-the-world/cid/3129594-Talk-about-morally-ambiguous