*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2212566-Dreams-do-come-true/cid/2785374-Go-to-bed-youve-got-a-big-day-tomorrow
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2212566
Our protagonist, Tom, wakes up one morning with powers that he could only dream of!
This choice: Go to bed, you've got a big day tomorrow!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Go to bed, you've got a big day tomorrow!

    by: Thomas Johnson
"I'll just wear a hat" Tom said to himself. He bundled himself up the best he could with the lone pillow and single blanket that he had. His entire room lacked quantity but it did have the essentials for the most part, so he couldn't complain.

Tom begun to drift into sleep, when he heard a faint voice call out "tommyboy!"

His eyes shot open, and looked around the room. He knew that was home alone. "Probably somebody from downstairs just foolin around or something" Tom muttered to himself. He then drifted back into sleep.

"tommyboy!" The voice cried out, "tommyboyyyyyyy!"

Tom opened his eyes again. He was not in his room. He was seated at a desk in in an all white room. He looked around frantically, and then came to the realizations that he was in a dream. "or maybe even a nightmare" Tom said to himself.

In front of the desk was a large red fancy chair that super villains would usually turn around in, typically with a cat on their lab. He laughed at the idea of that, when he heard the voice again, although it was much closer and clearer than before.

"Tommyboy?"

Tom swallowed all the saliva in his mouth. The voice was coming from behind the chair.

Tom spoke up, "Uh yes. I am Tom. Sometimes known was Thomas, or Thomas depending on where your from. Maybe even Tomothan if you're creative and didn't like the name Johnathon. But Tommyboy is a nickname that is known by a select few including me,myself, and I"

"Tommyboy, you never fail to make me smile", the voice said, "I wish you would've gone into show business instead of wasting your time with school{/font}"

"Well disembodied voice, you need an education to get a real job these days, and plus my Aunt Des is sorta making me do this whole college thing"

The chair spun around.


Tom's jaw dropped.

Sitting there was a mirror image of himself, except this guy was smiling instead of having his mouth to the floor

" Tommyboy, you are so much more than what you put out to be. You are capable of so many fantastic feats!"

Tom sat there, dumbfounded. "Am I high?" he asked,"I knew that gas station hot dog was a terrible idea".

"No Tommyboy, you are asleep. In your own mind. You are in my domain" the doppelganger responded.

"Well buddy, you could use a bit more color in here. Kinda too bland for my own taste. This place is giving me real mental hospital vibes man", Tom said to the man across from him. "what are you supposed to be anyways?".

I am your subconscious, Tommyboy. I have been in your brain, dormant for all of these years. Watching, and waiting for my opportunity to arise. And now, it seems like my time to come into fruition is here.
"
Tom was taken aback by what his subconscious had to say. He had heard of finding his inner self, but this was ridiculous.

"So why are you coming to me now, oh mighty subconscious?" Tom said jokingly, "Are you here to show me the errors of my ways?"

"On the contrary. I am here to enlighten you my dear boy. Let you know of your capabilities." the subconscious stated.

"such as?" Tom questioned, with his face full of doubt. He knew that he was in a dream, but something about this dream felt a bit off. a bit too real. He disregarded that feeling, and reassured himself that this was a dream.

"You hold the same power as I do in this dreamworld, but in reality. When we become become one being, you will witness the power that you deserve. Life will become a dream for us." the subconscious said, passionately.

Tom was now convinced that he was having a fever dream. He needed to wake up quick because the other him was starting to creep him out a little bit. He pinched himself to wake himself up, but was only met with pain. "Ah shit man, what the hell" Tom muttered to himself.

"This world is real Tom." the subconscious laughed, "and I'm going to make all your dreams real"

The subconscious then reached over the table and placed his hand on Tom's forehead. Tom was frozen with fear at this point. It felt like a cold hand was actually on his forehead, was squeezing down.

"WHEN WE WAKE UP", the subconscious exclaimed, "REALITY WILL BE OUR DREAM"

There was a bright flash of white light, and then Tom woke up.

He was covered in sweated, and he looked around his room to see if he was out of his dream. It was pouring outside. He grabbed his phone and checked the time.

4:50 a.m.

He only had 3 hours and 10 minutes until his first college class started.

"Fuck", he grumbled to himself, "and it's gonna be raining on the first day? I hope it stops soon"

Tom closed his eyes and went back to bed. What he didn't notice, however, was right as he said that, the rain stopped completely.


You have the following choices:

1. Tom wakes up early

2. Tom overslept!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Thomas Johnson (UN: thetallestboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thomas Johnson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2212566-Dreams-do-come-true/cid/2785374-Go-to-bed-youve-got-a-big-day-tomorrow