*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Body Swap Show
  2. Life Swap
  3. Body Swap Anthology
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2224261-Chaotic-Body-Swaps/cid/2891211-The-Body-Swap-Show
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2224261
Bodies are Swapped, chaos is unleashed
This choice: The contestants sign up, knowing it's body swapping  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Body Swap Show

    by: Hobbitking
"Benjamin!" his mother called out. "There's someone at the door for you."

Benjamin groaned as he got up off his computer, he hated being disturbed in the middle of a game. He climbed the stairs out of the basement and walked down the hallway, where he saw a woman in a blouse, followed by a TV crew.

"Hi Benjamin, I'm here to tell you your application has been accepted and you're going to be on..." she stopped as Benjamin gestured towards his throat, indicating he didn't want his mother to know. "On unemployed and living at home," the woman was quick to assess the situation. It wasn't hard when Benjamin had already submitted an application listing his occupation, number of residents and a few more details.

"People make a show about that?" Benjamin's mother spat as she waved her hands in the air. "Of course, they do.. they'll make a show about anything these days," she walked off down the hall.

"May we come in?" the woman asked. Benjamin nodded and lead them down to the basement. "This is my gaming area, mum gave me the basement as she can't go down the stairs anymore, sorry about the mess."

"No problem, we see this type of stuff all the time. Now how often have you watched Life Swap?" She asked, as her crew was still setting up.

"A few times, I liked the one where you swapped the poor old lady with the spoiled rich kid who signed up on a dare," Benjamin sat back down and closed his computer.

"I liked that one too," she replied. "Just to let you know, these are blind swaps, you're not going to know who you're going to be until after you swapped, it adds more authenticity that way," she gave him a smile. "Now before you swap I'm just going to go over your life, why you want to do this and such. I also need you to fill out a quick guide to give the other contestant."

"Already done," Benjamin opened a draw and showed the woman a piece of paper that said, unemployed, still live at home with my mother, she does all the housework. "My life is basically a blank slate for anyone to do with as they please, I don't have any rules for them, except not to log into my games and mess with my save files."

"Okay, I guess we're good to go.." the woman stood back behind the camera. As the sound guy hooked up a mic to Benjamin. The woman gestured that they were now recording. "Tell us about yourself."

"My name is Benjamin, I'm 33 years old, I'm unemployed, I live with my sixty year old mother, I have three older sisters but they all moved to the city. My dad passed away about ten years ago. I spend most of my time down in basement playing games and reading books."

"Why do you want to swap?"

"Well, I haven't done much with my life and I want to experience something new, I'm also curious what someone might do with my life."

"And who would you like to be?"

"I haven't given it much thought, I guess I'd want to be someone who's single. I don't want to mess up someone else's relationship. Someone that might not have too many relationships, I don't really like interacting with people. And someone who's in a location that might have things that interest me."

"Alright I guess we're ready to begin."

The camera stopped recording and the technical staff put the body swap machine on Benjamin's head. Once he was hooked up they began recording again.

"Enjoy your new life Benjamin."

The machine started to beep and Benjamin felt light in the head, he passed out for a second and though quickly woke up. He was in a living room now, in front of another TV crew, this time they had a man in a suit behind the camera.

Benjamin looked down at his new body and found that he was a...

You have the following choices:

1. A Woman

*Noteb*
2. A Man

*Noteb*
3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hobbitking (UN: hobbitking90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hobbitking has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2224261-Chaotic-Body-Swaps/cid/2891211-The-Body-Swap-Show