*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Becoming a Speck
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2261153-A-Speck-on-my-Little-Brothers-Party/cid/3136306-Becoming-a-Speck
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Thriller/Suspense · #2261153
[Male giants, unaware, shrink] I'll gift 100 points for every addition to this interactive
Chapter #1

Becoming a Speck

    by: RippleLover
Derek is a teen genius, an inventor, someone who already graduated college at age 14 and got professionals to fund his personal enterprises. Now being 16 years old, he had spent his time since finishing college to work on the invention of his dreams, a functional shrinking machine. The reason he even managed to snag companies to give him millions for his research was because of his invention of a functional teleporter, so they believed he was the one who could make such a dream come true.

“It’s beautiful”, he looked at an altered of his telegate, which was supposed to be able to reconstruct the human body in such a way the size would be reduced but still retain its qualities given by its regular size. He had already proved it worked to his investor, having shrunk animals and objects in the past, but now finally having been able to shrink a person. Currently the machine could only resize people to roughly the size of a sand grain due to how hard to keep stable the materialization process is, but he was sure he could fix that in another couple of years.

Derek couldn’t deny the actual reason he wanted to create a shrinking device was because he dreamt of seeing the world at such a small size when he was a kid, but the fact it was finally realized truly was mind-blowing to him. “Hmmm, I already tested it’s safe, maybe a run on it would be ok”, wondered the teen as he considered how to return to his normal size once he shrunk himself. In the end, he programmed an AI to bring him back in 6 hours. “That should be plenty of time”, he said as he entered the coordinates of his house’s living room.

Not losing anything out, Derek jumped into his machine and was teleported at his wished location. Of course, he immediately noted the resizing was successful, as he was looking right at carpet fibers the size of a multi-story building, his nearby coffee table being like a huge mountain. He continued looking around his house, completely fascinated by how massive everything looked like, knowing he was so small even an ant would look huge at his current stature. “This is fantastic”, expressed itself the kid inside him, having his childhood dream finally turned true.

However, it was at that moment he suddenly heard a distant boom, followed by a series of rhythmic sounds, all as he could feel the ground starting a light earthquake. Derek looked at the entrance to the living room, and was terrified by what he saw. It was none other than his younger brother Adric, who was like a faraway mountain from the sheer distance between them. He had never been close to Adric, their gap in age and intelligence always put them apart, but seeing him tower over him like that was really scary.

Noticing Adric had a group of other boys his age behind him, Derek heard as an all-consuming thunderous voice exclaimed “Let’s celebrate!”. He had to cover his ears due to the pain it brought him such a loud sound, but then remembered something: it was his brother’s 12th birthday. Going by them being in pajamas, he was having an slumber party with his friends, and they were clearly using the living room for their party.

Of course, none of the kids even saw that minimal speck on the floor, instead being happy they were left with Dan taking care of them. As the older teen was on the kitchen to bring them their snacks, Tyson and Adric made a short race to see who reached the coffee table first, with James and Marco following from behind. Derek only watched in horror as an stampede of massive feet came rushing towards him, shaking the ground with every step.

You have the following choices:

1. They'll have a pillow fight

2. They'll enjoy a snack on the table

3. They decide to watch a movie

*Noteb*
4. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 RippleLover (UN: ripplelover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RippleLover has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2261153-A-Speck-on-my-Little-Brothers-Party/cid/3136306-Becoming-a-Speck