*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2279780-Swap-Shops/cid/3435029-A-RevampedAltered-World
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #2279780
Business rivalry can get pretty intense... and erotic.
This choice: Story Arc 1  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A Revamped/Altered World

    by: Hellexia
Rumors flew around. Aliens. That new particle accelerator all over the news. A mass hallucination. Some new, manufactured plague. No one knew what the cause was, with countless conspiracy theories floating around.

People, all across the world, would get strange dreams. Dreams that apparently told them about changes they'd be forced to go through. And then, they'd wake up, the changes already in effect.

Some were minor. Redheads would wake up, their natural hair color suddenly blonde. Men would wake up, suddenly more well-endowed than they were when they went to sleep. Nothing too major, and always in waves. If someone missed out on the effects of one wave, they'd not get a chance for it. Simple.

And then the biggest wave hit. Roughly 20% of the world population woke up younger, their bodies reverted to a prior state. Most of the world rejoiced. Amputees suddenly had their limbs back. Many of the elderly were suddenly young again, their diseases cured. Many couples had their sex lives rejuvenated, eager to explore their regained youth.

There were a few concerns though. Namely that some women were suddenly pregnant again. But the children should've been pregnant with still existed. As did any that came after. DNA tests confirmed that, for all intents and purposes, something akin to cloning happened. Not to mention that, allegedly, no woman who was pregnant at the time of the "age wave" was reverted in age.

While the world at large was arguing ethics along with the potential cause for why or how these strange things were happening, another wave hit. Much lower in number, however. Estimates placed it at roughly 1 in a 100 million, although those effected by it frequently went missing.

In short, these people could possess others. The dreams referred to them as "body hoppers" or "body jumpers". They could transform into all different forms of matter, entering people and possessing them. Furthermore, to keep their secrets, they could "phase" into the soul or mind of a person, tweaking their minds, memories, and personalities. Further, as long as they had a frame of reference, like memories or photos, they could transform their stolen bodies to a different version of it. These dreams also informed these new body hoppers that they'd be few in number, and MUST keep their powers secret from most of the world, or lose them as a consequence...


Tldr: Some of the characters are slightly different. Previous versions in older stories (Acquiring Powers 1-8 and Redux, Trait Swapping, etc.) by the author are possible, as long as they're consistent for the branch. Same with things like different hair colors, cup sizes, etc. If they're consistent and explained, it's fine. Someone (or someones, but keep it low in number) is a body hopper and can possess people.

You have the following choices:

1. The Body Hopper Is An Employee

*Noteb*
2. The Body Hopper Is NOT An Employee

3. Some Other Story Ideas/Changes In This World

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hellexia (UN: hellexia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Saracen1187 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2279780-Swap-Shops/cid/3435029-A-RevampedAltered-World