*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Preparing to Leave
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2287766-One-Piece-Age-of-Giants/cid/3371286-Preparing-to-Leave
by _H_
Rated: GC · Interactive · Erotica · #2287766
Embark on a dangerous race to be the first to make contact with a giant(ess) in One Piece!
Chapter #1

Preparing to Leave

    by: _H_
“Ah, a good day to go adventuring!”

You breathed in the fresh coastal air as dozens of people scrambled around, finishing up any last minute preparations. The flyers said that over 3000 people would be attending this competition. Considering how packed the port was, you believed it. As you stood in the midst of all this commotion, a short middle aged man grunted beside you.

“Yer that reckless explorer in the papers, ain’t ya? Edmond… Dunceman?”

You pumped out your chest and introduced yourself.

Edward Doserman, pleased to make your acquaintance!”

“Heh, if people like you are competing, then this’ll be a piece of cake. 20 years old and the most you’ve brought back was a rusty anchor!”

He let out a hearty chuckle and walked away. He wasn’t wrong, you weren’t exactly a successful explorer, but you were more interested in the experience than the actual loot. But, as they say, fun doesn’t pay the bills. Though if you managed to bring back proof of an encounter with a real giant, you’d get a huge sum of money! Sure, you didn’t have much experience with giants, but you did see a pretty big footprint in the ground one time. How hard could it be? Heck, maybe they’d be nice enough to give you some treasure too! You weren’t sure if giants had treasure hoards, but they pay for things somehow, right?

Wait, do giants even buy things? Do they have a giant taxation system or-

“Attention everyone, you should all be ready to depart in 15 minutes! Maps and directions have been distributed to all registered participants. Be sure to review them if you want to make it there alive and on time!”

Snapping back to reality, you took the folded piece of paper out of your jacket pocket and took a look at it again. There were a few spots marked on a map, labeled as ‘potential giant location’.

The first was fairly obvious. On a nearby urban island, the locals reported seeing a giant occasionally walking throughout the ‘forbidden area’. What made this location such an easy target, however, was the existence of a gigantic house in the same forbidden area. It more or less confirmed the giant’s existence, but it didn’t mean coming into contact with it was any easier. No one had dared try to go close, as the area was infested with many beasts, as well as the obvious giant.
This route will focus on the giantess Nami.

The second was on another nearby island, one more rural with many villages. Allegedly, a giant has been seen walking and sleeping in various parts of the island. In fact, she had obtained a somewhat god-like status there, with villagers attempting to make sacrifices towards her in exchange for good fortune and safety. It’s been difficult to get much information out of them, but one villager mentioned that some villages had even been destroyed by this giant. From their testimony it didn’t seem to be out of malice, but out of sheer clumsiness and excitement.
This route will focus on the giantess Nico Robin, who has been eagerly trying to learn more about and make friends with the tiny creatures in the world, often to their detriment.

The third was the long-sought island of Elbaf. It was all but guaranteed that there were giants there, though that was also one of the main cons. It was less of an island, and more a continent fully inhabited by giants and other large things, all of which would have no trouble ending your life. The route there was dangerous as well, as you could only safely pass through the current 4 days a year. Today’s departure date was chosen specifically to match up with one of those days. It was all but a suicide mission, however, as odds are if you made it there, you wouldn’t be able to leave until the next cycle.
This route will focus on a variety of different giant nations and people, including Boa Hancock and Yamato,

The fourth was simply a whirlpool in the middle of the ocean. Admittedly, people were skeptical about this, as it looked like they were sending us to our deaths. The organizers explained that after sending a boat down, it was submerged in some sort of bubble and encountered a gigantic undersea city. They weren’t too sure about the inhabitants, but it appeared to be similar to mermaids.
This route will be on what's essentially a giant fishman island, focusing on mermaids and Shirahoshi.

There seemed to be a fifth option, but before you could read it, the announcer called out again.

“1 minute to go! Everyone, prepare to leave towards your desired location.”

With only a bit more time left, you got ready to leave. Getting on your trusty boat, you raised your anchor and decided on where you should head towards.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 _H_ (UN: dogma12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
_H_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2287766-One-Piece-Age-of-Giants/cid/3371286-Preparing-to-Leave