*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Outcast
  2. An introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/295669-Following-Destiny/cid/268449-Outcast
by Andrea
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #295669
A traditional fantasy story set in a land on the brink of war
This choice: The soldiers refuse the girl entry  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Outcast

    by: Andrea
"We have no room for strangers here at present."

And with that, the guards moved from view. A lesser individual may have given up at that, but the girl was not such an individual.

"It is dark and dangerous out here. You would leave me to fend for myself?" she asked, as politely as she could.

"Sorry. Orders are orders and no strangers are to pass through here," came the negative reply.

A small murmur of sympathy went around some of the guards. They would not be swayed but it was evident that they did feel some compassion for anyone stuck alone outside on a night like this.

The girl moved silently away into the night. She was sure that she could have used her powers to gain access through the gates, but she would rather her access to the city was through traditional means, to avoid arousing suspicion. Besides which there were twenty seven gates in total, not all of which may deny admission. She wondered however, if the guards had any idea how easy it would have been for her to gain access. Once she had controlled the mind of the leader, she could have done whatever she wanted. It was very tedious trying to be good, when you know that within your powers you have the ability to control others.

Riding away from the walls to alleviate suspicion, she could softly hear the sound of approaching hooves. It was another rider.

You have the following choices:

1. Hide - it could be the enemy

2. Meet the other person and see if they can help you

3. Attack them and steal their papers

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Andrea (UN: astephenson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Andrea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/295669-Following-Destiny/cid/268449-Outcast