*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026140-Faiths-Angel
Rated: E · Draft · Biographical · #1026140
Faith's mommy has no doubt that Faith has an angel watchiing over her
Every night after I turn off my light I say my “Now I Lay Me Down”. When I come to the “God Bless” part, after I have thanked God for all my blessings, I ask God to send angels to watch over the people I Love. I ask God send extra angels for Faith Ann.

Faith Ann is autistic and she has no sense of danger. She would just as happily jump off the top of the stairs as she would the bottom one. When she is running, which is most of the time, she would not stop for cars, trucks, or even walls. Faith puts everything that she comes in contact with into her mouth. Bits of paper go into her mouth. Tiles from the floor go in her mouth. Carrots, books, raw potatoes all end up in Faith Ann’s mouth.

Evidence that Faith has angels that were watching over her became evident one night several years ago.

Her mommy had had a long hard day at work then came home to take care of Faith by herself. Faith had become an escape artist. Her mommy put her to bed in her room then proceeded to construct a gate of a large plastic kid's kitchen set, several lawn and kitchen chairs, and three child proof gates.

Her mommy lay back in her chair to watch a TV show while Faith settled into sleep. Mommy must have fallen asleep before Faith because the next thing she knew some one or thing was shaking her awake and calling her name.

She sat up and realized that her front door's three locks were undone and the door was standing wide open. Hurrying to the door there was Faith standing in the middle of the front porch with out her pjs getting ready to climb down the stairs. It was the middle of a Winter. The snow covered the frozen ground.

Mommy called her name and Faith looked up at her smiling. Faith was taken into the house given a warm bath to warm her up. She was bundled into bed where she rolled over and fell asleep.

It took longer for mommy to sleep. If someone(?) had not awakened her Faith could have walked the two blocks to the busy highway, or she could have frozen, or someone could have snatched Faith.

Faith could not talk. Mommy knows that an angel is the only explanation for being awakened just in time.

© Copyright 2005 Nanapockets (tab2020 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026140-Faiths-Angel