*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124674-FAITH
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Cultural · #1124674
Part 2 of my ramblings in a relenting quest to free my mind from the echoing in my head.
I stand before you an undisguised descendant of a rodent estranged towards Faith. In my opinion, there are several phases that accompany Faith. Phases that ultimately transcends the adolescent into the blossoming adult. These phases or rather stepping stones construct the adult into the witless detached vermin we come across everyday.

As a child, one is habituated to take part in their hereditary beliefs. In fact, the parents are such marvelous instruments of learning that children often become blinded to the “gray” areas. They dance through adolescence like puppets on strings. The puppet masters eventually get weary of pulling and tugging allow these puppets to rest momentarily giving them brief access to gather their own thoughts. God forbid they were allowed to think for themselves. This stage-act comes so natural in the puppet masters that it is often jilted into protective defenses. Or maybe just maybe, it came from their previous puppet-masters.

The teen then tries to gather as much information as possible to correspond with their conditioned dance recital. Here’s where the “gray” areas enter. The beats of their findings do not flow with their own orchestrated recital and they begin to realize that there are other versions of the music. The mass-confusion and doubt sets in and they begin to enter a period of “Finding Themselves”. Hence the term “college” where they develop their own views and opinions. They acquire some mentor; some all-knowing prophet whose wisdom and knowledge offends the very senses of their ears but also draws them like bees to honey.

Taking with them their new insight towards life they enter adulthood with a sense of self-worth and pride that no army can defeat. But like trained monkeys they tend to revert to their original dance so that they themselves become the puppet masters. If one does not regress to their training then they are forsaken in the eyes of the ones they love.

How can this lab rat maze be conquered? Does the circle ever break? Is there a place where one is ever allowed to speak freely and not be relinquished as a “Black Sheep”? When does the dance recital end? Is it when the hands of the powerful forever give way and allowed banned music to play?

My last and final thought about Faith is that all religions serve the same purpose. Ultimately, the goal is to be honorable to everyone regardless of the “GOD” they worship. This includes us vermin, us puppets, and us Black Sheep.

Glorify the Different


SueMaDsCieNtIsT

© Copyright 2006 sUeMaDsCieNtiSt (sue_scientist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124674-FAITH