*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232494-Spring-Depression
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Personal · #1232494
The spirit moved me to start this- I have no idea where it will go from here.
Nothing was going right from the moment she woke up.  The time change was the first springtime omen which now put her 45 minutes behind schedule.  After cursing her clocks, she realized the constant sound outside the window was spring rain.  Fighting the urge to stay in bed and listen, she jumped in the shower and ran out the door, victorious over temptation.  (this time!) 

Realizing she hadn't grabbed her coffee mug, she stopped at a chain bean grinder, disappointed in herself for falling prey to time and "the man".  Fighting like a salmon swimming upstream against a sea of spoiled high school students with driver's licences, she paused a moment to avoid a fat earthworm enjoying the shelter of a wet curb. 

As much as she hated buying "designer coffee", she had to admit to herself how much more she liked the caffeine infused air that greets your first steps into these establishments, so rooted in beans that the walls themselves eminate Columbian goodness. 

The long line added insult to the wetness and lateness that was already pissing her off. She was thankful for the unexpected cinnamon and gingerbread treats in the baked goods cabinet.  No doubt they had been prepackaged and meant for the previous season.  The weight of their spices on the palette was so contrary to the current state of her world that it made her laugh.  A guffaw escaped her belly causing glares for caffeine addicts impatiently waiting for their fix.

She made her way out with a semi-improved outlook on the day after waiting in the emotionless crowd willing the speed of order delivery with ineffective scowls. They would not be happy to exit the coffee cocoon that was protecting them from the sky outside which was dropping fat raindrops now.
© Copyright 2007 Pink Ink (pinkink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232494-Spring-Depression