*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483496-The-Prank-that-Backfired
by Pammi
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1483496
Contest entry. Prompt 3 - Movie Titles.
FRIDAY 13th, was a bad enough experience and then HALLOWEEN arrived. FREDDY v JASON had been on that gruesome website FEAR DOT COM. They decided that they would call CARRIE to see if she was coming out that night, and then they would round up the rest of the gang including the biggest HELL RAISER of the entire CHILDREN OF THE CORN gang. They called themselves that, because coming from a small town out in the country, there were more fields to play in than anything else!.

Once they had all met up they decided that they would play a few tricks down Elm Street. Ginger’s house was the best one to ‘hit’ It was an area which wasn’t very well lit, and one of their favourite games was to tie an invisible piece of line to objects, and when she wasn’t looking they would make them move. Many a time she would think she had a POLTERGEIST in the house. Once though, she SAW them crouching outside the window. JEEPERS CREEPERS! did she go mad. Let me tell you, when GINGER SNAPS, she looks like she needs an EXORCIST to calm her down again!

A few days after the latest incident, the headline in the local paper read. ‘Is this an OMEN? Fear strikes in a small town as a NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET last night caused a local woman to have a breakdown. She was taken to hospital, but was so distraught that her FINAL DESTINATION was the psychiatric hospital. Police are on the look out for a group of young lads who witnesses have described as ‘looking like ‘LOST BOYS.’

Further down the page, another article read: ‘It’s Party Time Again.’ Townsfolk are reminded that tomorrow night we will be holding our annual ‘ghost fest’. We will have the usual fancy dress competition, THE PUPPET MASTER will be attending, with all his characters, plus he will be introducing us to the latest addition to his family, ‘CHUCKY’
Also on the programme for the evening are: CHRISTINE and her clever dog CUJO, some fairground rides, which are sure to make you SCREAM! , and lots of other events going on throughout the evening. Visitors are asked to remember that the road into town will be a DEAD END that evening, so please, if you’re in your car don’t take a WRONG TURN,
Have fun.’

The gang’s initial delight at being in the paper, soon turned to groans when they realised that they would miss the annual fun, Freddy was worried that they may be recognised, and then they would get arrested.
“Let’s have our own party!” Carrie said as she toyed with THE RING her grandmother had given her.

“That’s a great idea!” Jason exclaimed. “We can hire all the PHANTASM movies, get popcorn and other ’munchies’, and scare ourselves witless. Come on, let’s go and start getting everything ready.”
The gang all went home, and prepared for the following night.

Contest Entry - 496 words 11/10/08
© Copyright 2008 Pammi (pamelap at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483496-The-Prank-that-Backfired