*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695929-An-UnforgetableVampire-chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Akiko
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Comedy · #1695929
A story about a girl meeting a vampire on Halloween and they fall in love
After that little taunting fight with Ivy, Asa, Xavier, and I made it to school. As it turns out, Xavier goes to the same school as us and that he's a new student. Now, I have an extra hyper Asa by my side, mostly because she had a 44oz Monster. Poor Asa...

"OMG!!!! XAVIER IS SO FRICKING HOT!!! AKI!!!!" she giggled, practically jumping up and down at the lunch table.

"Asa, I told you not to drink that Monster...," I reminded her, taking a sip of root beer.

"No you didn't! You said 'Don't have too much!' Yeah! That's exactly what you said!" Asa disagreed.

"Which meant 'Don't get the biggest fricking Monster they had.' You know how you get...," I clarified.

"May I remind you that this is barely how hyper I can actually get! I mean, c'mon! The most hyper I've ever been is when I was actually teaching the class that one time! And I was actually learning!" Asa ranted, taking yet another swig of her Monster.

Okay, I've had enough of this. I snatched away her Monster and threw it into the trash bin that was at the end of the table. Asa gaped at this and shouted, "NOO!!!!! MY MONSTER!"

Guess what happened next? Yep, she DOVE into the trash bin and retrived her Monster. Giving myself a face palm, Asa emerged from the trash bin, a banana peel on her head and Monster in hand.

"NOW I GOTCHA, YA DELICIOUS MONSTER!" she cried victoriously, draining the energy drink can.

"Oh my god... Asa, get out of the fricking trash can," I ordered bluntly.

"NO!"

"GET OUT OF THE FRICKING TRASH CAN, NOW!" I ordered, grabbing her leg and trying to pull her out.

"NOOOO!!!!! LEAVE ME AWONE!!!" Asa pleaded, gripping onto the trash bin with one hand.

By now, the entire school was watching us, including Xavier and Ivy. Great, the queen is watching. This day is just getting better by the minute! Note the sarcasm.

"DAMN IT, ASA! GET OUT OF THE TRASH BIN!" I ordered with a firm tug.

Apparently, all I got when I did that was Asa's skateboarding shoe. While her shoe flew through the cafeteria and hit a nerd right in the face, I fell backwards, landing on Xavier of all people. Poor Xavier... having me land on him twice today. Well, he's luckier than the nerd...

"Crap... I'm sorry Xavier," I apologized, getting off of him.

At the moment, Asa was on the floor and finally out of the trash bin. I swear, I'm so going to hurt her in P.E. with a dodgeball.

"Nah, it's alright. Blame Asa, not yourself," Xavier assured, rising to his feet like I did.

"Oh yeah, I could always do that... Hey Asa! I blame you for this!" I called out.

"What did I do?" Asa asked, sounding like her old self.

"You're having a blonde moment, Asa," I warned her.

"Ugh, forget you!" Asa retorted, plucking the banana peel off her head.

Okay, how was that thing still on her head in the first place?

"Wow, Akiko. I don't know why I try to make fun of you. You do a good job without me," Ivy taunted.

"May I add that your attitude goes great with the yogurt on your head," I commented dryly.

Ivy gave me a confused look. Wait for it...

"There's no yogurt on my-"

YAY! Thank you, jocks! They dumped strawberry yogurt all over the queen! Oh, and orange juice! To top off her new makeover that suits her quite well, an ear piercing scream came from her mouth and travled all throughout the school. Ivy left the cafeteria, a chorus of laughter following after. Yep, today just got better. No sarcasm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, I decided to go to Kagure's Halloween party after all. As it turns out, we're seeing Mom as soon as I get home, so that means I actually can get some alone time... like an hour. Walking down the street with my hands in the silk caridgan that Asa let me borrow, I finally relaxed enough to look around me. The trees were almost bare, only a few leaves clinging to their dead branches. Only a few cars passed by on the street, multi-colored leaves flying around everywhere. Tall, slate gray building tops were peeking over the trees, as if they were spying on the passerbys of Flint. So many houses were on this street, most of them two-stories highand with a sea of leaves in the front yard. I passed by the park, little kids swinging and sliding down the slides with their friends. Smiling at this, I continued to walk to my house, only to be stopped by Asa once again.

"Hey Aki, I'm sorry about lunch and all. I guess I can't control myself when I drink a Monster...," Asa apologized, her head hung low as she pedaled beside me.

"Eh, it's no problem. I got to see Ivy covered in yogurt and OJ, so you're forgiven," I reminded with a smile.

"Omg, you're such a good BFF, Aki!" Asa thanked.

"Never doubt me," I simply stated.

"Sooo... you landed on Xavier AGAIN?" Asa pried, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Don't start. I swear, if you start with that, I WILL attack you in dodgeball again," I threatened.

"Well then. Be a meanier," Asa whined.

"Whatever, Asa," I muttered, sighing heavily.

So far, today is probably the best Halloween I've ever had. Minus the tripping on Xavier and Ivy's taunts, this was a good day. I smiled to myself as I remembered Ivy's expression when she got food dumped on her. Ya gotta love yogurt!
© Copyright 2010 Akiko (akikochild at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695929-An-UnforgetableVampire-chapter-2