*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767290-Stupidity
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1767290
A flash fiction story about a robber
I watched him enter the bank looking as if he had no worries. He was wearing a sleek black color and had a big bag to match. The man seemed fairly normal as he walked towards the teller. As soon as he got there he swiftly turned around and demanded everyone to lie on the floor. He said that anyone that disobeyed his order would force him to use his gun. Terror filled my mind as I thought of all the possible acts he could do. Take hostages? Shoot hostages? Let us all go free?  There were too many possibilities for my brain to fathom. Finally my brain cleared and I began to realize how uncomfortable the cold, clammy linoleum floor was. I had to look up every few seconds; I wanted to be aware of my surroundings. I saw the robber talking to the teller. As soon as my head touched the floor again I heard a booming laughter. I had to look up again to see what crazy person was laughing at a time like this. To my surprise the teller was the one causing the noise. Once she gained control of her laughter I heard her say “You didn’t think this one through buddy.” My curiosity struck its maximum level and I forced myself to stand up, no matter what the risk was. When I got to my feet I saw that the robber did indeed have a gun but this gun was bizarre. The gun had some foreign object hanging from it. It looked as if it was a tag. I gained a little courage and scooted closer towards the scene. It soon became extremely clear what the object was, a tag with ToysᴙUs printed on it. The half-witted crook turned around and walked out of the bank. As everyone stood up and heard the story they began to giggle. It soon turned into a roar of laugher as all the victims looked out the window. They all saw the foolish man walk into a store and come back out with a brand new pair of scissors.
© Copyright 2011 Twinkletoes (bertie321 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767290-Stupidity