*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785159-1940s-Women
by Damian
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1785159
This is a story between two women that takes place in the 40's during the first World War.
         It was the boom of war and the time of swing and jazz music. When everyone was doing the Charleston, jitterbug, lindy hop, along with the East and West coast swing; where you could hear Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, Bing Crosby, and many other huge name crooners and jazz players on every radio station from coast to coast. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry wore an army uniform or a sharp Zoot suit. While every woman wore the fashion that was well fitted but conservative; where the bodess clung to the body in all the right places and the skirt was hung straight down to just below the knee but flowed when she decided to take a spin on the floor.

         Hannah was a mid 20’s, blonde, curvy woman who married at a young age like most of the woman during the time period because the war had sparked worry and young love for men and women. She had married her high school sweet heart, who had volunteered for the war effort and left for basic training soon after their wedding. Hannah had decided to be a house wife until he returned to her from his service in the war. She lived in a nice suburb neighborhood that was mostly populated by woman that were in the same situation as she was or their husbands were unable to go into the arm so they worked with companies that were supporting the war effort by building planes, weapons, cars, etc. for the boys overseas.

         Evangeline was a mid 30’s red head, lean muscle build woman. She had married a few years before the war had begun to a man that she had known for years and loved deeply. He left for the military when he got his papers in the mail, but promised that he would return to her no matter what. Evangeline lived in the same suburban neighborhood as Hannah with her 10 year old son. She had decided that while her husband was away to war she would do her part in the effort to bring them home sooner by working on planes. She wore the normal attire of the mechanic’s jumpsuit whenever she had to work which fitted her well but still made her look a little butch since she wasn’t all that curvy to begin with.

         The war had been going on for a few years now and the boys where fighting with all they had to get home to their loved ones. The two girls had gotten to know each other as the days ticked on while their men were away; talking about all the things that their men had written about, swapping recipe ideas, and talking about their days. They had become very close over the years and would discuss everything and anything they never had a moment of awkward silence while Evangeline’s son was at school and when she didn’t have to work. One day while Evangeline was at work, Hannah got the worst visit of her life two army suits showed up at her doorstep to tell her that her husband had been killed while serving his country. They handed her an American flag and his dog tags. She was so devastated that she fell to the floor of her porch and broke down into tears.

         Evangeline arrived a little later that night to find her still sitting there in doorway of her house still crying. She rushed to her side and picked her up off the floor and brought her inside the house and put her on the bed. “Honey, is there anything that I can do for you; something to eat or maybe a stiff drink?” Hannah looked up at her “I don’t drink you know that, but maybe a sandwich would be nice I am kind of hungry” Evangeline nodded and quickly sped off to the kitchen to make her friend a sandwich when she too began to cry in the thought that her husband was still out there. Hannah began to worry about her friend when she didn’t return right away and so decided to investigate what was taking her. She walked out to the kitchen and found her leaned over the sink softly crying. She walked up behind her and hugged her close nuzzling into her back. She looked up, whipped her tears away, and turned around to hug her close as well. They stood there in each others arms for a long while until Hannah looked up into Evangeline’s bright green eyes “Eva, what am I supposed to do now he was my everything and now he’s gone” she looked down into Hannah’s soft deep blue eyes and caressed her cheek sweetly “Keep going on with your life in his memory live life for the both of you, because that’s all you can do now” a stray tear ran down her cheek and on to Hannah’s face. Hannah took her thumb and whipped away the tear and slowly pulled Evangeline’s face close to hers, stood up on her toes and kissed her lips softly. Evangeline was taken by surprise but didn’t pull away instead she kissed her back pulling her in closer and hugging her tighter as Hannah wrapped her arms around Evangeline’s neck holding her in place. They stayed lip locked for what seemed to them for an eternity when Evangeline finally broke away she smiled softly down at Hannah “Are you ok now?” Hannah nodded slowly “A little but I really don’t want to be alone tonight would you mind staying with me for the night, Eva?” Evangeline nodded “I’ll have Bobby stay with his grandparents for a few days; and I’ll stay with you as long as you need me”.

         That night when they got ready for bed they acted like the cute lesbian couple; Evangeline stripped down into white boxers and a wife beater, Hannah wore a well fitted silk nightgown that hung just above her knees. Evangeline was taking off her watch when she looked up to see Hannah standing in the door way of the bathroom; “Do you think it’s too much? I never got to wear it for John because he left before he saw it” Evangeline swallowed hard “No… It’s gorgeous and you look beautiful in it” Hannah blushed a deep crimson red and began to walk over to her side of the bed. She pulled the covers down and slid in between the sheets facing the window. Evangeline followed close suit, but spoon up against her back and wrap her arms around Hannah pulling her close. Hannah embraced the feeling of another person’s body against her own and placed her own hands on top of Evangeline’s.

         Evangeline inhaled deeply the sweet intoxicating scent of Hannah’s hair and perfume. She nuzzled into her neck and softly kissed the nape of her neck and shoulder. Hannah shivered slightly at the feeling of her lips on her neck and sighed softly “mmm…Eva”. Hannah turned to face Evangeline and looked into her gorgeous green eyes, caressed her cheek, leaned into her and kissed her lovingly; Evangeline pulled her close and slid her hand softly up her back. Hannah moaned softly into the kiss from her loving touch as she herself began to run her fingers through Evangeline’s hair. Evangeline savored the feeling of her hand along the silk nightgown and the feel of Hannah’s soft body as she sighed from the feel of Hannah’s hands through her long hair. As Evangeline’s hand slowly continued down Hannah’s back and legs where she found the end of her nightgown and began to slide her hand under the silky nightgown. She lavished the fact that she wasn’t wearing anything under it and decided to pull her on top of her so that she could feel her warm, soft body against her own. She continued to pull the nightgown up her body while softly running her finger tips against her back and shoulders.

         Hannah shivered at Evangeline’s touch for her body was not used to being touched in such a tender and loving manner or in any manner in point of fact. She loved the feel of her hands against her body and whimpered as she felt the skin of her hands against her own bare skin. Hannah gasped when Evangeline pulled her on top of her and giggled softly but didn’t break the kiss “Ooh Eva!” She straddled Evangeline’s hips and continued to play with her long hair between her fingers as she felt her trying to pull up her nightgown she giggled again and sat up pulling off her nightgown all together. Evangeline bit her lip as she stared at the goddess before her with longing in her eyes. Hannah smiled a small devilish smile as she caressed her cheeks and slowly pulled her up off the bed, into her chest, and leaned down to kissed her lips passionately. Evangeline took the hint and ran her fingers up and down Hannah’s back once again as she pulled back from the kiss and began to kiss her chest softly. She kissed across her skin till she reached one of her nipples and began to trace the tip of her tongue around it until she began to suckle softly on it instead. Hannah couldn’t help but moan her approval at the feeling of soft lips against her sensitive skin and pulled on Evangeline’s hair softly. Evangeline slid her hand along her inner thigh and began to tease her most sensitive parts. She could tell that Hannah was really enjoying this as she slid her fingers deep into her and began to thrust in and out of her slowly. She was tight like a virgin but that was to be expected; she could feel her body tense with pleasure as she started to move her fingers faster.

         Hannah gasped at the feel of her fingers penetrating her most sensitive area and whimpered softly for she had never had anything or anyone touch her there. When she became used to the feeling and it started to feel good she began to moan a little louder as she began to arch into Evangeline “Oh Eva that feels so good” Eva looked up into those soft blue eyes “Just tell me if it hurts” Hannah bit her lip and nodded as she leaned down, kissed her passionately, and began to use her tongue to investigate her mouth. Hannah began to ride Evangeline’s fingers until her body began to arch back as an orgasm washed over her and made her uncontrollably shake with pleasure throughout her entire body until she fell over in a huff of heavy breathing and sweat. Evangeline lay beside her, softly running her hand down her skin and kissed her softly. “Oh Eva, that was amazing I have never felt anything like that before thank you.” Eva smiled and looked deep into her blue eyes “Your welcome darling I’m glad that I could make you feel good even for a short while.” They laid in each others arms and fell asleep.

© Copyright 2011 Damian (evangeline21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785159-1940s-Women