*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811573-The-Light-at-the-Subway
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Tragedy · #1811573
WHAT LIGHT ....???????????????
The sun was bright that morning and there are times when I chose to keep my life in a nutshell where I did not have to explain anything to anyone, I did not like the idea that my pals think I am a classified snob. Whatever, the only only thing I knew is that I love my life as it is whether one bothers to see me for who I really am or not. I like being very thorough when it comes to clearing my work desk. I prefer not to leave pending work loads but rather do all I can to get the best miracle out my work. You see, some years back I met an old gold miner who seemed to have found some golden particles in one of the subways five miles from our work place. According to how he described it, it seemed that life would take a new turn for him and all the geologists in my company. The only thing that made me think twice about his description was that there seemed to be something awkward about look in his eye. He seemed to have many little secrets that he wanted to let out but seemed trapped in his own world.



Barker was an ordinary man, with an old stoop of the Hunchback of Nostradamus and very clear when it came to describing what he thought was a potential mine field. Anyway, my men and I thought of giving it a shot so that we would know what was going on and just check the place out. Considering it was an assumption I went with two men to the subway and got a look at the mysterious place. It was a little bit dark and had a strange smell possibly owing to the sewer system underground. The man led us to the particular place with the gold particles which seemed to be like some secret passage to some unknown treasure cave. It was clear it was going to be an interesting day and after walking for about three minutes or so we saw ... a golden calf. Really, that was awkward and wait a sec... this seemed familiar, it was something to do with a church ... aaah! The Golden calf! THIS WAS NOT A GOLDEN PARTICLE IT WAS A GOLDEN THING! Anyways, I had to ask Davis a young black African-American geologist to have a look at the gold and checked whether it was genuine before asking where it was stolen from. The Old man was quite hesitant when we thought of taking a closer look at the calf!!!



"This is where I saw the light" he said. We all went, "What light?"

"Savior's... he will punish you for all the things you have done...!"

"Sir ... anyways what is that stench?" I asked him

"The whole city stinks!"

"Please sir, we do not mean to sound offensive but what are you whining about!?"



Then we were interrupted by a strange sound that seemed to come from the end of the subway and we thought of getting out. Although we did not find the source of the noise. We did not have time talk anymore as we had to involve the federal on this particular issue and have the place sealed for further investigations. Soon enough we were out and headed to the police to file a case against a missing Egyptian souvenir that could be missing in one the museums as usual. All we needed were three more days to know how they shipped the calf to the country and managed to hide it in a subway. That evening, I passed by the subway just to check on a few things and I realized something out of this world.



"Are those dynamites?"



We did not leave any explosives underground... The next thing I discovered it might have been a grenade that exploded at the end of the tunnel. I ran and the harder I ran the more it seemed I was only moving an inch further from the disaster awaiting innocent people. There was tube coming and very fast, I could not tell it to go back neither could I remain where I was either way this was the city's doomsday. However, I could not think of anything other than scream to the people at the subway terminal to go back to get out of the place... "THERE IS A BOMB!" I shouted hysterically and people started screaming and as I approached the terminal, the dynamites had started exploding meaning someone must have lit them. I am not sure what happened afterwards but by the time I woke up I was being rushed to an emergency ward. I could not feel anything, "Sorry, you were involved in a subway accident after an explosion...." said the male nurse.That was not interesting, "What happened?" Then I started remembering where everything became fire including the tube. Then I lost consciousness ... I think I must have been sedated.



A few days later, I learn lost my big toe and got a fracture on my thigh bone ... so I was in pain most of the time. Then one of the doctors after analyzing me I had a chance to chat with Greg the Company's CEO who gave me an envelope from an anonymous person. The letter read, "I know by the time you receive the letter you will have heard that 110 passengers lost their lives in a subway explosion. This is the last warning, the Golden calf represents that idols that the people of the city worship and the city stinks with SIN. There will be more coming if you continue SINNING!" Fu#@ WTF we lost 110 lives because some sick man THINKS HE'S LORD..."!
© Copyright 2011 Sherrys (sherrys101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811573-The-Light-at-the-Subway