*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826618-Imagination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1826618
this is a great way to have fun, this is my way of finding a way to have an adventure.
There are times, when I just sit and wonder about things that are, things that are impossible and things that should or could be. I always end up staring off into space just contemplating the arguements going round and round in my head. 'No that's not possible' 'oh but what if it was' that kind of stuff.
The number of times family members have to grab my attention in a day is just amazing. I guess most people would call be a dreamer or a drifter. But really I don't think its true. Sure I like to think about things that have the ability to boggle the mind, yes I deffinitely love to read books on a variety of topics, yes I often burst out laughing a thought or joke that I have thought of, without any indication to the outside world of the reason behind my mirth. But I sincerely believe that I am not a complete dreamer.
For instance, imagine that your favourite comic book was real, or was actually happening around you, I believe it makes the comic so much more interesting. Or with your favourite book, imagine being sucked into the story and actually becoming one of the characters, what would you say to your favourite character, how would your react to some of the decisions made by the characters already in the book, how would you go about changing the different outcomes that occur in the book? For example, My favourite book is Eragon, or the Eragon series, by imagining myself to be there I can come up with various scenarios  that could occur. Me meeting Saphira, Eragon and the rest, trying my best to help the Varden succeed in their venture. I imagine myself as one of the soldiers in the Varden and can easily imagine fighting in their various wars and then after just barely surviving the battle, going back to camp and sitting round talking and enjoying the company of friends. Or imagine what it'd be like to be one of the soldiers that die or gets injured. What emotions would I feel, how would I react to seeing and feeling the weapon upon my body? sometimes I imagine I'm in Galbatorix's army and I've been forced to serve under him. How would I revolt against him? Would I revolt? Would I have the courage to leave his service and go where my heart desired? Or would I submit and serve under the mad king? Or sometimes I imagine I'm a character that already exists in the book but the character has my characteristics and oppinions.
Can you imagine what it would be like to go into a battle side by side a dragon and rider? To fight along side someone so powerful that just by being there they can change the  world? How you would feel when first meeting the characters that have brought the story to life and kept you interested throughout the entire book?
The entire prospect of finding yourself in a different world is just super exciting and amazing. The hardest part is when you get too caught up with imagining things, and you start imagining all the bad things as well as the good, like what if your favourite character turns out to hate you or decides you're the enemy and decides to kill you off. I think the most exciting part of the adventure is the feelings that come up completely unexpectedly and catch you completely offguard.
Or in a romantic book, imagining your the heroine. That can always make imagining interesting and amusing. What happens if you don't like the guy who's only got eyes for her and decide that you like a completely different fella? It could bring an entirely new and interesting twist into the story that you never expected if you let your imagination take you to the places it will. Or imagine what could happen if you decide that someone else is better for the hero and so give him a light push in that direction, wouldn't it be interesting to see how it all pans out? For instance, imagining you're Anne, from Anne of greengables, what happens if you don't like Diana? Or what happens if you decide you dislike Gilbert? Or that you like Charlie Sloan? I find it super interesting to imagine what the outcome will be, what the different scenerios lead to. Or imagine if Gilbert died. What would happen to you, as Anne, would you move on or would you grieve for the rest of your life? If you did move on, would it be soon, or would it take time? The opportunities for imagining these marvelous scenerios are limitless, as are the possibilities that come from such imaginings.
Or what if you imagine you're a famous singer, actor or other wise celebrity, how would you react to the crowds? Would you lose your temper at the Paparazi easily? who would you know? How many of your favourite celebrities would you meet, how would you react to meeting them? For instance, I imagine being a famous singer and actor sometimes, and I get to meet all these different people, such as Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Jim Carrey, Hilary Duff and Beyonce. I imagine how I would react to meeting each one and go through all the feelings that would occur at meeting such amazing and talented people. the possibilities are endless! I've found that life is so much more interesting and fun when you imagine these amazing and highly amusing scenerios. all you need to do is let your mind wander and let it take it's own path and see what scenerio plays out.
© Copyright 2011 Miss Giggles (jumbledorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826618-Imagination