*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855649-Jen-and-Gab
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Family · #1855649
Jen is a popula girl who couldn't care less about what others think of her.
Everything looks so calm today, so much for the storm that the weather man predicted. I stare up at the bright blue sky and wonder how on Earth the weather guy could have made such a drastic mistake. I mean seriously, the sky is bright blue, not a cloud to be seen. Not that we need a storm, but it’s a pity that there isn’t one, I would have liked an excuse to get out of this damn party. Although, sis would kill me if she knew I didn’t want to go, I’m half tempted to skip out on it anyway. I close my eyes and sigh, why does my sister always assume that I want to go to these damn things, I hate how everyone coddles over me and sucks up to me in a similar way to a vacuum, it’s just damn infuriating. I open my eyes and stare back up at the sky, why can’t I think of a valid excuse not to go? I’m finished my homework, my assignments were finished ages ago, I finished reading the last book on the bookshelf yesterday, and I’ve practiced all my instruments a million times. It’s hopeless, I have nothing else to do tonight apart from bludge, and I’d much rather be doing that then this stupid party. I already know what’s gonna happen there, it’s the same at every party, 15 and 16 year olds getting pissed off their tits and ending up in a room somewhere in the house. It’s disgusting and despicable, I don’t want to go, I’m not the type to drink before 18, hell I’m not the type to go to parties, I hate the damn things.

“Sis!!! Aren’t you even going to get ready? We have to go in 3 hours and you’re just lazing about, you haven’t even picked your outfit yet!” My sister yells down at me, rudely interrupting my quiet peace.

I groan and look up at her, exasperated, “Seriously? It’s 3 HOURS away Gab, We’ve got ages, plus it’s not like it matters what I wear, people will be the same about it anyway.” Seriously, they always react in the same dull way, it’s annoying, saying stupid stuff like ‘Oh my God, that top is super cute Jen.’ And ‘Seriously, if you don’t tell me where you got that dress I’m going to have to kill you.’ Seriously stupid! Why can’t they just mind their own damn business?

My sister rolls her eyes, “Fine, ruin your reputation, become the biggest loser at Rally High. See if I care!”

I watch my sister storm off to her room to organise her outfit for tonight, than promptly go back to staring at the sky. Seriously the party starts at 6:30pm and its 3:00pm now, we’ve got AGES! I’m sure I could go to sleep and wake up an hour before we leave and still get away with it. Hell, that’s what I’m gonna do anyway. I giggle to myself about how my sister will react an hour before we have to leave, I can just imagine her yelling ‘ARE YOU CRAZY!!! WAKE UP!!!! WE HAVE TO GO SOON!!!! GET UP!!!!! GET READY!!!!’ HaHa, that in itself is worth it. I roll over and close my eyes, swiftly drifting off to sleep.

“OH MY GOD!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! WE HAVE TO GO YOU SILLY BITCH!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!” Yup that’s the first thing I hear as I resume consciousness, hahaha it definitely worked, my sister is pissing herself in rage!!!!

“Jeez Gab, calm down, it’s just a party.” I slowly rise and stretch, glancing at my watch, 5:00pm. Haha right on time.  “Sis! We’ve still got a whole hour!!!!” mwahahaha, this is the most amusing part of all.

“JUST A PARTY?! ONLY AN HOUR!?!? YOU HAVEN’T EVEN PICKED OUT AN OUTFIT!!!! HURRY UP!!!!” She yells at me jumping from one foot to the other. Hehehe, highly amusing.

“Oh fine, I’ll get ready now.” I relent and depart for my room. Hmm what shall I wear? I’ll go with the blue fitting dress, with the cute blue heels, I always did like those. I tug them on and straighten them out. Hmm, yup, I like it. Though I’m gonna need jewellery, haha got it. I grab my aqua, green and blue charm bracelet out and attach it to my wrist, hmm, yup it goes just right. I get out my silver necklace, and quickly snap it into place, perfect. Then I pull out my treble clef earrings and attach them to my ears, brilliant. Then I sit down and apply my make up quickly. Foundation, check; Eye shadow, check; Eye liner, check; Mascara, check; Blush, check; Lip stick, check. Yup I’m all set. It’s perfect. With that done I quickly brush my hair, flick it around a bit and leave my room to find my sister waiting for me.

She stomps her foot and curses “Oh that is so not fair!” She says glaring at me.

I tilt my head “What’s not fair? I only chucked on some stuff. I like it.” I smile and pose, “How do I look?” I ask as I flutter my eyelashes at her.

She scowls, “Perfect as always. How the hell did you manage to do that in 20 minutes?!” She asks infuriated.

I laugh “Haha, skills my dear Gabby, Skills!” With that I sit down at the table and stare out the window at the garden, the roses are finally in bloom, and they’re gorgeous; a beautiful array of pink, white and red. I sigh contentedly.


STOMP!
I fall off my chair, “What the hell?!” I look over at my sister standing in the middle of the doorway.

“Get off your arse! We’re gonna be late!!!!” My sister shouts at me, hands on hips, scowling, and with her eyeliner just a little crooked.

I roll my eyes, she’s so stupid. “Gab just chill!” I say standing up and walking over to her, I lean over and smooth out her eyeliner, “Also, next time, the eyeliner is usually smooth.” I smile cheekily at her and slide past her and down to the car.

“That’s NOT funny! It was smooth, you probably just messed it up!” She growls and strides after me, “DAD!!!! HURRY UP!!! WE’RE GONNA BE LATE!!!!!” She screams at the top of her lungs.

“Be there in a sec.” I hear my dad shout from inside the house. “I just gotta fix up the bath tub and do the gardening again, it should take me a couple of hours…” My dad steps out and comes down the stairs, “But that’s alright with you girls isn’t it?” He grins down at me and Gab and laughs.
© Copyright 2012 Miss Giggles (jumbledorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855649-Jen-and-Gab