*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908455-Christmas-Dinner
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1908455
A Christmas day dinner with the family.
“Emily, go put some ice in the glasses please, the family will be over for the Christmas dinner any time now.” Said her mother.
“Yes ma’am, I’m so excited for them all to get here, this is gonna be a great Christmas!”
A few moments passed and Emily heard a car pull up outside so she ran to the door to let them in. Her Aunt and Uncle and three cousins that she hadn’t seen in months greeted her at the door with warm hugs and smiles. They stepped in the door way, wiping their feet on the door mat making sure not to track any snow in the house that was gently falling from the still, cold, hasty sky.
“Woo Wee that ham sure smells good, I’ve been looking forward to this all year.” Said Emily’s uncle.
“Well come on in honey, it’s ready to eat.” Said Emily’s mother, gently kissing the kids forehead and helping them take off their winter coats.
The family all gathered around the table, saying grace before fulfilling their hungry empty bellies. They began to eat, sharing smiles, stories and laughter’s as the snow gently fell outside the dining room window. Their attention was soon drawn to the voice coming from the doorway.
“Grandmas here, and I’ve got lots of gifts.” The kids all jumped up from the table and ran to greet there loving grandma with heartfelt hugs, tugging at her arm for her to follow them to the Christmas tree to see all that Santa had brought them.
© Copyright 2012 Astorey (ans97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908455-Christmas-Dinner