*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939231-Part-of-my-first-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Western · #1939231
Full of grammar errors and unedited just looking for constructive input.incomplete.
Boom!!! the thunder of a gun shot cracked a deafening blow in the enclosed dug in. Now a single beam of sunlight shown through the door as ole Bill laughed uncontrollably. Outside the sheriff sat up feeling his chest for holes."damn he missed" said the sheriff as he half crawled backward away from the only entrance of the dug out. Back at his horse the sheriff pulled his rifle from the sheath on the side of his horse. " damn!!! it looks like this is gonna take a while. boys spread out" he said with a nod of his head. At this point he was pretty irritated things had not gone as smoothly as he had planed all the while ole bill was laughing like he was at an uptown party or something. Anger was slowly turning into rage as he yelled back into the dug in "what the hell you think is so funny?" Bill's reply was careless as the situation he had let him self get into. " Well I aint seen no body back paddle that hard since i was a kid sheriff " Now embarrassed the sheriff was mad as ever."This aint no joking matter son i got myself and five other good men out here you are cornered and there is no way out. Surrender now and maybe the judge will take it light on you." I told you id surrender to marshal Alexander, you get him out there and i will walk right on out" bill yelled."now see here I'm the fairly elected sheriff of town and you are a criminal. I'm telling you, you will surrender to me or die where you fall." " well we are at impasse then sheriff because you come back in front of that door again and they will they will be building a box for you before the sun go's down.I'll surrender to marshal Alexander or die fighting right here and that's the end of it" Well have you're way" said the sheriff getting in a final word he could not settle for anything less.
After few minutes of quite bill knew the sheriff understood he had a proper stand off. So he rolled from his belly to his back on the dirt floor being sure to stay low and started replacing the spent cartilages in his trusty forty-five caliber. all the while singing with a big mule eating briers smile on his face. suddenly he stopped to to taunt the sheriff "Hey sheriff last year I dang near drown crossing the Rio you think when this is all over you could afford some time to give me swimming lessons?" The sheriff as angry as he ever had been started mumbling under his breathe untill he could not hold it back anymore " Damn shame you didn't drown Bill!!! Sure I'll give ya lessons when I'm done you'll float like a duck" Yelled out the sheriff unwilling or unable to let bills words pass by unanswered. And with that other than an occasional laughing frenzy from bill or his unsavory singing a quite fell on the place and everyone settled in for a long stay bill had chose a great place for a stand off even tho the dug in cut off any possible chance for escape it also cut off any possible hope for a capture.
As the evening shadows slowly began to fall on the place bill crawled over to a bunk that sat in the corner against the wall turned it on its side and put it against the door to prevent any sudden rush of intruders. Still staying low he dug around in a kitchen hutch looking for something to eat till he came across a jar of pickled eggs. Taking the blankets from the now over turned bed he made himself a pallet in the dirt floor in the corner where the bed used to sit and get settled in for a long night before sunrise and hopefully the arrival of marshal Alexander.
© Copyright 2013 Dennis Walker (denniswalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939231-Part-of-my-first-story