*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125582-Catalyst-Ch-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2125582
German- The Delay
The air was hard to breath. It was thick with the swines scent and dirt that made its way into the store. Baths weren't something that happened often these days, but I was in sure need of one after today. I looked outside where Krot had originally been leaning on the buggy since we entered the store, but he now sat behind the wheel waiting for us to run out. It was taking longer than it was supposed to take, we all knew that. I adjusted my foot that was supporting my weight as I kneeled over, and I turned to Leya who was ready to jump. Out of all of us she was the most impatient and violent, but the most dependable one. She couldn't be more that 5 feet tall but she could take down a cyborg or two at once. I could tell that she understood the situation we were in and that she was plotting an emergency plan. The pitter-patter of little hooves were now echoing through the store in a very unpredictable pattern. Sometimes it sounded like there was two of them, sometimes four; but just as they sounded like they were getting closer to us, the big one began to make his way back. This time he moved slower toward Russian, almost as if out of spit, but my brother just stood at the counter patiently and waited for him. He laid out what looked like big black pouch that opened up and rolled out across the counter. As I tried to get a closer look at what it was ,a booming growl froze me and made Marxie stumble back.

"I SEE YOU OVER THERE YOU LITTLE SHITS! DONT GO TOUCHING ANYTHING OR ILL KILL YOU FASTER THAN YOU CAN BLINK!"

The sound of tiny hooves stopped and I put my head down in relief. "Its OK, we haven't been discovered yet, we can do this," I assured myself.

Russian turned around to see what the Swine had been yelling at and turned back around.

"They yours?" He asked.

"They wouldn't be in here if they weren't. You done looking or are you just gonna waste my time?"

"I'll be on my way shortly, don't be rushing me." These days there had never been a time my brother wasn't so serious and demanding of a presence. Back in the day I remembered him being an intellect, a prankster, and a peace lover, but that was when he was still alive...and human.

The Swine snarled and leaned back on the wall that seemed like it would give at any moment. He smirked and watched as Russian examined the goods.

"What does a Droid need with ammo exactly?" he crossed his arms and looked outside. "What are you planning on killing with that delicious meat-bag of yours?"

"Maybe some pork...whats it to you?"

I smiled at his reply and shook my head. I was starting to think that we might be able to pull this off. Just as I was celebrating in my mind, I felt a tug on my back. I turned to look at Leya who was half turned around. She was watching something behind her and I couldn't help but lean over to the side and see what.

At the end of the aisle stood a tiny little Swine Child. It stood as still as it can...it almost looked like a toy, but as I leaned over to the side, and titled me head, it let out the most deafening squeal.

I messed up....I gasped as if I had been holding my breath and then I heard the gunshot.


© Copyright 2017 KassCatS (madpringle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125582-Catalyst-Ch-3