*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303477-The-Library-In-The-Forest
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Writing · #2303477
A writer who discovers a cabin in the woods. Feedback accepted.
On 22 Downstream Lane, lived a young man. This wasn’t any ordinary person. In fact, he was a fiction writer, who loved nothing more than to impress and inspire people with his stories. He wrote for hours on end, trapped by the power of fantasy. However, he wished that it was all real. Day and night he begged the creators of everything to show him a sign that it was true. And that is what they did. That day as Michael was striding through the forest, taking notes on his surroundings, he stumbled upon a cabin.

What is such a beautiful building doing out here, and how have I never seen it before? I take this route every morning. Michael had an urge to check inside, and although he tried to control himself, his curiosity took over, and he entered the cabin. His jaw dropped as he stared around. It’s a library! Not only this, but there were vines and other plants growing around. Michael sat down at a table and grabbed the nearest book. They are so old. He flicked through the pages and begun to read. This building belongs to fairies! It must’ve been magic that kept me from seeing it.

As he delved further into the book, he discovered that the humans were the reason the elves and other folklore creatures hid and seldom appeared. Why were we so cruel? This was their home, not ours. Yet we attack them and scared them into hiding. Michael continued reading, his sorrow for the mythical creatures building up. I must tell no one else, he thought. They mustn’t know of this. He began to take a few of the books with him, then left the cabin.

It’s getting late. I need to get back. He returned home, the books in hand, then took them up to his room where he read for hours on end, until he dozed off with them in his grasp. When he woke the next day, the books had vanished. That’s strange. Maybe I should go and check to see if they are at the library. However, when he went to search, he couldn’t find anything. No books, no cabin, and nothing, except trees and bushes.

I must be in the wrong place. However, when he searched elsewhere, he couldn’t discover the cabin. Little did he know that the cabin in the woods was lost to him forever as it could only be entered once.


410 words
© Copyright 2023 DragonPrince (kadenkoker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303477-The-Library-In-The-Forest