*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305888-Consequences
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2305888
Look what you made me do... (371 words)
 She flipped back her long blonde hair with a smile as she signed her letter, folding it and setting it into his package.

****

Today was my birthday. I had a good old time with the boys at the pub; we watched the game with plenty of wings and beer. While there I bragged about how I put one over on my former girlfriend.

It started when I forged her signature on the check to buy myself a boat. When she threatened to tell the police, I reminded her of those, shall we say, scandalous photos I have of her and mentioned how of course she didn't want them posted on Facebook or sold on the black market. She turned me in anyway.

They had to drop the charges because there was no evidence she didn't write that check herself, but I wasn't about to let her get away with that. Nobody's going to get me arrested without consequences.

So I made those photos public. Pretty much singlehandedly ruined her life. Deserves every bit of it. And guess what? She sent me a package that showed up this morning. A letter saying how much she loves me and she's sorry for getting the police involved in our situation. She forgives me for everything and asks if we can get back together soon. How's that for a gullible softie?

My friends all guffawed, save one, that nerdy guy who's always trying to get me to clean up my act and give my heart to Jesus. I don't need Jesus, I always tell him, I'm the coolest man alive. He shook his head and asked if I felt ashamed about the way I'd treated her. Quoted me some dumb Bible quote about heaping burning coals on someone's head. Shoot, if I wasted my time feeling bad about things, I'd never have any fun. The girl even included my favorite rare cigar with the letter. If she didn't feel bad, why should I?

I hate journals. Too much personal stuff revealed on paper. I'm gonna go smoke that cigar now.

*****

She saw the headlines the next morning with satisfaction: Unexplained Explosion Kills Man in His Bedroom. What goes around comes around... With a little help.


Written for "Note: 48-HOUR CHALLENGE : Media Prompt Deadl..."
Merit Badge in WDC Media Prompt
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your participation in the  48-HOUR CHALLENGE:  "  Look What You Made Me Do   by  Taylor Swift " Media Prompt  hosted by  [Link To User support]  October 2023! We appreciate that you tackled this challenge... *^*Smile*^* *^*Thumbsupl*^*
© Copyright 2023 Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 (greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305888-Consequences