*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307293-Interview-with-Damien-Oil
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2307293
Oct novel prep assignment 27
The reporter, a professionally dressed slim young woman with blue eyes and long black hair sat across a table with a well dressed muscular man in handcuffs with four armed police officers behind him.

Reporter: Mr. Damien, can you please tell us why your oil company took such lengths to try to stop a movement to halt the use of fossil fuels and repair the damages they have done to the planet?

Oscar: First of all, the movement for clean energy is not new. However, it is a long way from replacing oil as it is literally used in nearly everything that has an engine. So, when I first caught wind of this small group of teenagers, I took it as another BS internet story.

Reporter: BS internet story?

Oscar: Well, have you ever heard of twelve families suddenly becoming super rich over night? when the press hounded them for answers, they claimed they were putting together a musical for their school. (shakes his head) Nothing but exaggerated rumors about shy kids who just want to be left alone.

Reporter: When did your company fist become interested in this musical?

Oscar: I started to become concerned when the musical started to catch national attention and my greatest competitor, Green Fuels was taking advantage of the kid's bright ideas. (sighed) Looking back, had I taken the time to look at their ideas, I could have not only been far wealthier but also a world hero.

Reporter: Yes, the brilliant inventions the teenagers dreamed up and showed the owner of Smith Fuels. a Mr. Max Green.

Oscar: At first, I had my attorneys think up whatever they could throw at the wall and see what would stick to stop the musical from going on any kind of tour. When those efforts failed, I tried to out bid Green Fuels as the musical's sponsor for their New York City tour.

Reporter: Only you were cut out of the musical's success completely due to several failed attempts to discredit it and those working on the musical.

Oscar: (sighs) I was desperate at that point. My company stocks were plummeting due to the press somehow catching every failed attempt to stop the musical. My investors were distancing themselves like rats fleeing a sinking ship. I decided to make an example of the one who spearheaded the operation.

Reporter: (frowning) A fourteen year old girl.

Oscar: (nods) Nothing is sacred when it comes to keeping ones fortune. I attempted to shoot the girl, aiming for her shoulder.

Reporter: Only her father jumped in the way and you got him in the heart.

Oscar: True but I swear the bullet bounced right off him...
© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307293-Interview-with-Damien-Oil