*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312012-Judgement-Day
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2312012
When the time is right, we wont be warned. It will just happen.
“Something is wrong here.” Nat said.
“What do you mean?” Steve looked around.
“Don’t you feel it? It’s in the air. The cold.” Nat hugged herself.
Steve scoffed. “You must be getting sick. It’s hot.”
Nat rolled her eyes, annoyed by his nonchalant demeanor.
“I don’t understand what you are talking about?” Steve said.
“Be quiet!” Nat snapped.
Steve froze and listened.
He heard nothing.
He stared at her wondering if she was teasing him. However, his surroundings had dimmed even though it was the middle of the day. Staring at the direction of the sun, they watched as it quickly dissipated into the overwhelming darkness. He felt his heart race as his nerves began to shake. That is when he felt it.
“What the?” Steve began as he felt goosebumps coarse throughout his body. “It’s cold. Where is it coming from?” Steven wondered.
“From the darkness,” Nat responded with a shutter.
She let out a cry of fear as Steve embraced her, trying to console her, trying to protect her from the unknown.
Cries of terror erupted all around them as the ground began to rumble beneath their feet. A deep, distorted and unwanted sound came out of nowhere as the wind picked up all around them.
“What’s going on? What is this?” Steve shouted over the screams and cries for help.
“Judgement day.” Nat whispered as she buried her face into his chest. They held onto one another as they watched the world crumble and fall.






WC: 248
© Copyright 2024 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2312012-Judgement-Day