*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976115-Have-you-ever-wondered-why
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Environment · #976115
Living in a childs life stricken by poverty.
The sounds of screeching awakens me out of my sleep. It's past midnight, where's my mother? I get out of the bed dreading the sight that I'm about to see. Knowing, wanting to expect the unexpected, but deep down I knew what I was about to view.

Unwillingly, I walk toward the kitchen. My mother stands, with high yellow skin, her night gown half torn from wear and tear, but in my eyes she still is the essence of beauty. With a two feet long black metal rod she pounds away. She swings with all her might. It's not something that anyone would like to see, let alone a child of nine. They screamed with all their might knowing they could not change their outcome. Their time is up, faith has run out on them. Their fangs are something you would see in a horror flick. The ugliest looking creatures alive. Black and scary, reminds me of alley way rats. Blood gushing everywhere. The iron rod swings and shrieks are heard, then the noise dies down. The fat dirty dumpster rats are dead. My stomach's in a knot, not only from the sight I just saw but knowing tomorrow night will be another episode of my real life nightmare. A nightmare that never seems to end.

We walk back toward our box bedroom which my mother and I share. Crawl into bed like nothing happened and doze off into hellish dreams. This quiet little girl, no one would have known what my night was like, what my life is like, because no one seems to ask. "She's just shy that's all", so they all say. If they only lived in my shoes, ask me how my day was then they'll know the reason why I stayed so isolated.
© Copyright 2005 amaiyaamir (alexbrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976115-Have-you-ever-wondered-why