*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/801251
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#801251 added December 29, 2013 at 12:40am
Restrictions: None
My Winter Hounds
When we find ourselves in the season of winter, there is often the feeling of something dogging us. I'm not sure it is supposed to feel this way. The other option is to hibernate -- but I know that is not supposed to be human nature. Having fewer hours of daylight, completing tasks can feel more difficult as the day becomes compressed, and the night hours seem to drag on endlessly. What if there was a way to feel at ease in the darkness?

Entangled in Darkness: Seeking the Light by Deborah King describes the work of energy healer Deborah King, and encourages others to bravely look at where the darkness in one's own path can be transformed by walking in the light. Besides the confidence with which the author relates to the reader about her own spiritual growth and experiences healing, the book has some valuable advice about avoiding those that would take our energy over, robbing us of our own power to heal.

I was hoping that Entangled in Darkness would deal in a straight forward manner about the darkness we bring onto ourselves through the choices we make. However, instead it offers some frightening descriptions about possession in the forefront. Having had no previous experience with the work of Deborah King, I was not sure what to make of her beliefs.

The part of this book I would most like to share with others, even one as young as my teenaged daughter is Mrs.King's strong recommendation to regularly meditate and pray. She is a good storyteller, and like some people you meet and just enjoy hearing about their opinions on life, she works this area admirably.

I struggled to read the first half of this book, but was able to read the final seventy pages quite readily. I believe that this book might have been helped if an important detail about the author's life was disclosed early on rather than within the final summary. She captures the reader with her first chapter describing in part her early career and battle with cancer. By the end, in which she gives an outline of how to manage the whole mind-body connection in seven steps, she then makes an admission about her bipolar diagnosis in college which first lead her onto a spiritual path. Although that admission, for me, made the presentation of the facts backward, I still do not doubt her ability to clear people of dark energies.

I acknowledge that I received this book for Hay House in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion of this book.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books.php/entry_id/801251