*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1871318-The-True-Story-Of-Cinderella
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1871318
Cinderella didn't tell the truth about how she got to marry the prince! Here is my story!
A lot of people think they know what really happened in the story of Cinderella. They think that I am her evil sister that never let her go to the ball with the prince. They think that I am the person who destroyed the dress that she made to go to the ball with him! They also think that this story had a happy ending. Everyone who thinks that are wrong!
         
Cinderella is the one who is the evil sister in my family. She thinks that she is better than everyone and she thinks she is the prettiest girl in the world. All the animals hate her; she scares all the birds away and she kills all the roses she looks at.
         
I was the only person that helped her in her time of need. I accepted her for who she was and I loved her because she was my sister. Even if there were times that she hurt my feelings by calling me ugly or a witch, I always forgave her.
         
I forgave her for everything she did to me, but there is one thing that I will never forgive her for doing... I am now a tree beside the castle that I once dreamed of living in. I never deserved to become a tree. Nobody does!

(Sigh) I’m sorry. I got a little off topic. Anyways here is what really happened!
         
The story starts on a beautiful sunny day. I was doing a little grocery shopping while Cinderella was flirting with boys that she will never get. While I was getting some apples, I saw a crowd of people that gathered around a person with a note. The announcer said, “The Prince of England is having a dance! All women are welcome; this is the dance where he will finally find the woman he wants to marry.” As soon as I heard this, I dropped everything that I was doing and I ran home to get ready to see the prince. The man is everything a girl would want: charming good looks, and lots of money!
         
When I got home, Cinderella was there: she was wondering why I was so worried about how I looked. I told her about the dance and about how much it would mean to me if I finally marry the man of my dreams. She said that she is also in love with the prince and she wants to marry him too. I told her that it should be the prince who decides who to marry and I helped her get ready for the dance.
         
We went to the dance together in the most beautiful white pumpkin anyone has seen. When I asked Cinderella where she got it, she said she bought it on e-bay for $99.99. I told her that she is very addicted to shopping and that she should stop spending too much money. She said she doesn’t care about money because everything came from the money that I worked hard for. When I was about to tell her that what she was doing was wrong, we arrived at the castle.
         
A very nice gentleman opened the door for us. Cinderella immediately fell in love with him. She told me that he is almost more handsome than the prince and she leaves me to go dance with him. I ended up being all by myself with nothing to do but wait for her to come back.
         
It was close to midnight and I was about to leave because I couldn’t find the prince. I started looking for Cinderella but when I found her, I saw that she was kissing he man she just meets a few hours ago. I didn’t want to destroy her moment with this guy so I waited until she was finished with him.
         
While I was waiting, a very deep and handsome voice behind me said, “What is this beautiful young woman doing all by herself?” I turned around to see the prince. Since I had no experience with guys, I forgot how to speak. All I said was, “I w-waa-was waaiting f-for m-my…” “Have no fear, your prince is here!” He said while I was talking. Then he took me by my hands and I started dancing with him. All that was going through my head was, ‘Who is he? I’ve never danced with a man this handsome...I’ve never even danced with a man. Is he an alien from another planet? Because I’m sure the human species can’t produce someone as hansom as him!’
             
  All of a sudden, the man kissed me and I felt like I have just gone to heaven because of that one moment! Cinderella saw me and she destroyed my moment! She took my hand and dragged me out of the castle. She said, “What are you doing with him? I though we both agreed that I will be the one that got to dance with him” I told her “We agreed that we will let the prince chose and he chose me over you. We love each other and maybe one day we will get married.” She got mad at me and out of nowhere, she destroyed my dress! “What is there in you that would make any man love you? You are just an ugly little girl who doesn’t know who to love.” She turned me into a tree with magic! She ruined my one real chance of finding true love. I didn’t even know that she was a witch! How did she become one, she knows that anyone that has magic would be hunted down and killed.
         
She then told me, “Magic is a beautiful thing isn’t it? I will finally use my magic for what the purpose it was originally for! I will make the prince fall in love with me and anyone that stands in my way will be destroyed! Have fun being a tree for the rest of your life!” She walked away from me, and at midnight she went to the prince and she made him fall in love with her.
         
My only regret is not being able to tell him that I will forever love him. He never even had a chance to tell me he loves me. My only memory of him will always be that one kiss we had.
         
When people asked Cinderella about how she met the prince, she made everything up because she didn’t want people to know the truth about her. Do you now feel the feelings that I have for her? She is the most selfish person that I have met and this isn’t something that can easily be forgiven. Now that you know my side of the story, whose side do you believe?
© Copyright 2012 Farnaz Del (farnazd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1871318-The-True-Story-Of-Cinderella