*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028821-The-71st-of-the-Year-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#1028821 added March 12, 2022 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
The 71st of the Year 2022
Mini-Blog-Contest Success


         Last week, I issued a challenge on this blog to review an item I saw that hadn't been reviewed. And to be perfectly honest, I got more of a response than I was expecting. It is humbling to know that I can put out a call and enough people are reading to respond. As promised, I will be awarding merit badges to those that submitted reviews.


Special thanks to Spring in my Sox , Jeannie , and stolenthrones for their participation in my unorthodox contest. And a huge thanks to jonoprecel for writing such an amazing piece. (Links to the reviews and the item of interest below.)


Extra Words of Mine


         Allow me to do a little post-review/post-contest commentary:


         I am a bit of a blunt reviewer and tend to think five stars get thrown about a bit too much everywhere, not just on WdC. When I saw nothing but five stars appearing and read the first review, I was a little nervous about being seen as a stick in the mud. I give out very few such ratings since I am looking for the exceptional. So, when I finally sat down and read it, I was more than happy at what I found. For me, it ended in an odd spot; however, I still give it my full recommendation.


         As I said before, this contest was far more successful than I anticipated, and I thank everyone who jumped in. This sort of contest idea has been in the back of my head since shortly after I joined. Seeing the proof of concept is very encouraging. Yes, I am hinting at the thought of making this a proper contest in the future. It is strange to me how some things go unrated and unreviewed for years. ("Two brothers (Working Title) had been up since 2018 before I saw it.) I think a contest that highlights such items and incentivizes getting quality reviews to the writers has value to the community. Yes, I am aware that there are already contests for reviewers, but I specifically want to target unrated items. Hopefully, after a little more thought, I will have a full-fledged contest ready to go.


Memento Mori,


KS






© Copyright 2022 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028821-The-71st-of-the-Year-2022