*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648993-April-2009-The-Vampire
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shaara
Rated: ASR · Book · Fantasy · #1531809
These are the Newsletters I have written so far for Writing.com.
#648993 added June 18, 2009 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
April, 2009: The Vampire
This is for the Stake and Garlic contest.




The Glamour, Allure, and Je Ne Sais Quoi of the Vampire




In the list of Submissions to the Fantasy Newsletter, I found the following thought-provoking question. At first I ignored it, thinking it must be for one of the other authors, but the question frankly had been plaguing me because it’s such an interesting query:

Lyndie Bolt justtracey asked:

Does anyone know of any reason and possible research on why people especially younger girls and women (and some of us older ladies too) love vampires and were-wolves?

After several weeks of thought and self-analysis, this question is what I decided to discuss in this month’s FANTASY NEWSLETTER:

I know almost nothing about were-wolves, so I bent my focus on the matter of vampires. I know what gives me the goose bumps, the shivers and the delicious heat which accompanies that “ooh-la-la” fever.

No! Don’t stop reading. I’m not about to jump into an adult only discussion. No erotica right here and now.

You see, I don’t mean the atmospheric plunge when moonlight night ruffles the covers of even a “good girl.” I mean only a la fiction – FANTASY to be more exact.


This illustration is for a short story about a princess who is also a vampire.




There is such a romantic aura that surrounds the vampire – that man of mystery, that stranger who just “rode” into town (or should I say flew via his bat persona?) It is always easier to see romance in the arms of an outsider – a man (or woman) who doesn’t know that you fell down the bleachers at a high school football game, one that wasn’t there when you got a perm that made you look like Frankenstein’s bride, or who saw your strap break when you were dancing the what ever it’s called . . .

A vampire wouldn’t even care that you’d done any of those things because he has the wisdom of ages past. He has seen it all and knows not to laugh or dredge up old embarrassments. Besides, if he heard, if he looked into your eyes and saw your tears, he would merely put his arms around you and say, “I vill take you away from all theese,” in his lovely accent that makes you forget everything but the look in his eyes.

And it would be easy to forget such things, especially if he were handsome with greased back (Fonsie?) hair that’s blacker than night. We all know the true vampire dances like Fred Astaire (or rather the way Astaire used to dance before he died.) A vampire has eyes for only you. He waves his hand when someone tries to bother you, and the jerk who used to be your boyfriend (before he dumped you for a high school cheerleader) or your ex- husband (who also dumped you for a high school cheerleader) flies into the jukebox or the garbage can or into disgusting puddle of mud.

Hollywood has given us an image of the modern day vampire in which sophistication equates with age. No female worth her romantic weight could ignore the Phantom’s magnetism when watching the Phantom of the Night. Raoul, the blonde hunk was only a stick figure, one who sang and popped in and out. But, although we knew the man’s face was horror incarnate, didn’t we still secretly dream the older one would steal us away? What could be more romantic than that serenade as the Phantom gandoliered us down the canal into his mysterious dark but candlelit domain?

Sophistication certainly spins the modern woman about – it really beats the Joe she married with the beer can in hand, the pot belly hanging over an untied belt buckle, and the burps and grunts he deems are conversation.

Sophistication, experience, and bravery – that could be James Bond in a sexy cape; and how different really is the essence of Bond’s image to the cool, suave vampire’s?

Ah, yes, I can see clearly how an older man with philosophy, psychology, history, and culture dribbling with each word he speaks could seduce any young innocent -- and the rest of us as well.

Did I say he talks? Now there in lies another key. For when a vampire speaks, no spell need bind us. We gaze in delight and hang onto each tidbit of wisdom. When a vampire listens, if you’re the one he’s been seeking, he gives you his full concentration and absorbs your every thought. Ah, Fonsie, James, and the Phantom, had you only known what it really takes, you’d never have needed a girdle, technically brilliant gadgets, or even the opera house to make your pitch. For a woman will sit at the feet of a man who listens, even if his teeth are fanged and sharp.

But the biggest reason for craving one’s own vampire, I think, is because he wants a special relationship. He craves not only your words and your thoughts, but the bond that builds between two non-beating hearts. Spaceman, alien, elf, and dragon – that is what all these characters are fashioned to supply -- a link that takes us out of commonality and connects us forever. For we humans truthfully are lonely inside, and the vampire offers not only eternity but soul blending.

And so, Lyndie, you have made me think and seek to understand, and I thank you. You have also been the foundation of my newest poll, one I am curious to see tabulated. What do you readers believe in your hearts is really the draw of the vampire? What does his image offer you that persuades your heart to race? What is it that starts up those tingles on your spine or the hair on your arms shivering with desire? What makes you blush and pant and cry, “I want one?” whenever a vampire turns his dark black eyes in your direction and asks you to spend eternity in his arms? Please give your comments below under Submissions and give me your opinion in the survey below.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1546982 by Not Available.




And now, dear readers, what does this offer to you as a writer?

Perhaps, it is an inspection, an analysis, a stretching of thought as to how you could best strengthen your main character’s leading man or woman. How does he or she equate to the image of the romantic vampire? Does your character have the same magical allure of desirability and the “je ne sais quoi” of sophistication that leads to a reader’s enthrallment?

Now it’s time for me to slip away, dress in something provocative, bare my neck, and prowl the night where a passing bat might spot me. . .


This is an illustration for a vampire story





I love comments. Thank you to all the special people who wrote in to comment on the newsletter or to give me your opinion as to whether horror should be separate from science fiction and fantasy!



Briar Rose asked: Who does all the lovely artwork for your newletter? :)
Well-written newsletter (hardly surprising coming from you ;)); quite poetic in your prose.
I totally agree that horror is not the same as sci fi and the two should not mix. Sci fi is about adventure, not new and more spectacular ways to rip apart the human body. Violence is often necessary to the story, but it does not have to degenerate into horror.
Thanks for featuring my story and thanks for a great newletter.



Thank you for the compliment. I used to dabble in art – mainly for a children’s e-zine for which I wrote stories. When the e-zine collapsed, so did my “future” as an artist. Now I just use my drawings as sprinkles of color. I am delighted that you like them.


Kain writes: I agree very much that horror and sci-fi fantasy should be two different genres and have been sadly disappointed with Hollywood in recent years - the Knight should be valiant not blood thirsty; the Elves and Halflings should be fun-loving. Hearty. dwarves and gnomes should be loud and boisterous drinkers and competitors. Though I am a fan of the darker fantasy I do not think it requires obsessive violence and blood, but is all the more potent when it is psychological -- the fallen knight who believes he is acting in the best interest of his people, the elf who believes the other races are a plague upon nature and so on.


He’s probably right. We humans do seem to be a plague upon the Earth right now. Sigh.


Blue Angel writes: I agree that excessive violence in a Fantasy is sad times. I read Fantasy for the common elements of it -- not to be drowned in blood. Though without a little bit violence, I don't think I can go on...


I don’t mind a little violence. A girl can slap the vampire once. Just not twice, right?


Angel writes: I agree that one should not mingle fantasy with horror to the extent that the essence of the fantasy world is lost. However, I also believe that there is always going to be some semblance of horror in any world, be it fantasy or comedy. Just as humor is essential, so too is horror or sorrow at some times. I agree that there isn't a need for the gruesome, blood splattering and flesh tearing adrenalin in fantasy. While pain and suffering happens everywhere, a safe house of fantasy should not have horror of the flesh devouring kind. Simply the softer of the side of horror. It was a good point to bring up. :)


Thank you. I enjoyed the topic since it gave me a chance to rant, and I loved hearing everyone’s feedback.


esprit writes: Shaara, It's about time someone took a vote. I agree, Horror writing depends too much on graphic shock, and too little on good storytelling now-a-days. Each story is a cliche of the next. True horror lies in the psyche anyway, not the physical. It definitely belongs on a separate shelf.


Yeah, let’s open up a bookstore together. Science fiction can go at the front. Fantasy goes in the middle, and horror can go in a tiny corner of the bathroom. – just kidding!



sarahreed writes: Personally, I think genre classifications sometimes limit stories. The ideas that populate our heads don’t always conform to one category or another, fit into one box or another. Stories can be just as alive as we are. Which means they aren’t black or white, but many shades of grey. So if there seems to be a trend of mixing horror, fantasy and sci-fi, I think that’s just the direction our collective consciousness is thinking. Maybe there’s something in horror that is reaching out to people right now that didn’t before and may not soon? Like many things, what is popular comes and goes in waves. This may just be the in-thing right now. Having said that, I don’t care for any stories with strong horror elements. I still prefer the pure fantasy or sci-fi stories. But then I’ve never been one to follow what’s popular.


Popular? Who needs popular when we’ve got original on our side.


KimChi writes: Horror and fantasy have been mixing it up for a long time, after all most horror is fantasy. But I agree, it seems the gore factor is increasing. I'd prefer to use my imagination rather than read several pages of dripping entrails. Leave me in peace with my twinkly unicorns and happy endings. I wonder if you'll see a pattern, i.e: women prefer less gore. Such an interesting topic. Thanks for sparking my curiosity.


Thanks for saying it’s an interesting topic! Lately, even unicorns are being gored. (Harry Potter) Unicorns always ought to be protected! I checked to see if I could find any pattern, but unless I took the time to analyze each vote, I just couldn’t do it. I did see in stats that the vote was 59% males and 41 % females, if that helps.


fordprefec It really is a shame that I missed your newsletter that highlighted humor in fantasy and science fiction (which is what I prefer to write). Humor is a match in a dark room full of unlit candles. It is a shame that many use violence or gore instead, keeping us all in the dark. Thanks for your newsletter! Keep it up!


I have posted all my past newsletters in my portfolio. Feel free to drop in and take a peek anytime. I like your analogy.


Futrboy Great question and an interesting one, too. Horror can be successfully blended with science fiction and fantasy simply because they all go together, no matter what some sci-fi people might think. How about the alien in "Alien"? That came about from the discovery of a fantastic but mysterious ship filled with a strange cargo. "The Forbin Project" dealt with advanced computers and artificial intelligence and added horror as the computer became self-aware. "The Stepford Wives," "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956 and 1978), "Godzilla," "King Kong," "Them," "Tarantula," "Beat From 20,000 Fathoms," "The Thing from Another World," they all involved serious elements of horror. The "Lord of the Rings" trilogy wouldn't have been any good without the horror of Sauron, the terror of The Nazgul and other creatures like orcs, Urukhai, the Balrog, goblins and even the Kraken. One of the main elements of science fiction and fantasy is when things go wrong with technology or the natural order of things. That can't do anything but involve horror. That said, there can be too much horror. The horror aspect has to flow naturally and be believable. Add in too much like, say, all the "squidies" in "Matrix Revolutions" and you get nothing but mind overload. Also, it needs to still have a good and believable plot like "Solaris" versus the dumb blonde-as-reporter concept found in "Spiders." Also, horror works best in the mix if it's added to the plot of science fiction and fantasy. Trying to mix sci-fi/fantasy around horror almost always comes out forced, like "Jason X."


You have some interesting reflections. I can see your point. I loved “Solaris,” I see where there were elements of horror, but I prefer a version of such things where a character talks about what he saw, not that WE see it.


gulshan kumar writes: Horror has always been a significant genre. With advancement of science, science fiction is also getting popular. The classification of literature by different genres is a sort of compartmentalization of literature. There is nothing wrong in a serious story having some comic. Even a comic can have some seriousness. Literature depicts all aspects of life. An author need not strictly limit himself to a single genre. A literary piece is classified by the dominant genre though it may contain some other genres as well. Science fiction and horror are interrelated and there is nothing wrong in merging the two. The literary piece will be classified as science fiction or horror depending on relative dominance of a genre. The poll is interesting and useful for all authors.



Thank you for your comments. I like your concept of dominance of a genre. That would work for the element of separation.


mw1993 A good poll. But what about us horror writers? I for one write primarily horror, but love to mix fantasy elements in. My horror is always of the supernatural sort. Perhaps you should allow for that - horror mixed with bits of fantasy/sci fi - in this poll?


Alas, she caught me in my prejudices. Sigh.


Ladyoz writes: Excellent point, I think you're absolutely right. I have long bemoaned the combining of Horror with SF and Fantasy, though I do understand how the lines get blurred :)


Ah, another person agrees with me. Maybe we should make up shirts:
Down with Violence in Science Fiction and Fantasy.



Tiejh says: Interesting poll, I really do like a little but of horror, BUT NO REALLY BAD GORE!!! I really think that to convey a mood in some darker fantasy stories, a little bit of horror is good, as long as it is not overdone. For others, romance or just a happy, good mood work best. Genres are blended all the time, and it is sometimes a good thing. I am really anxious to see more poll results.


Thanks for your enthusiasm for the poll. I’ve included it in this month’s FANTASY NEWSLETTER, so you can all take a peek at the latest viewpoints.


thunderspeechwrites: I really don't mind a touch of horror now and then in fantasy and sci-fi, but i do mind unnecessary blood and gore which has no relevance. Even if it has relevance, the story would generally be better if most aspects of horror were kept to a minimum.


Here, here! Do I ever agree with you!


aceofspades001 says: It's a good question, however while some works include scenes of horror for the sheer sake of showing the "evilness" of the villain, I think that some works really wouldn't work without a certain level of horror. For example, the Shrike in Dan Simmons' Hyperion Omnibus is the device through which some of the most horrific scenes are created, but they are some of the best in the 2 books. If the author cannot utilize horror effectively, it can ruin the whole work, but can add greatly to it if it's used right.


Good points. I guess we just need to define that certain level of horror. (Shaara biting nails)


c.t.moon I think it really depends on the kind of fantasy and sci-fi the horror is being blended with. (I voted for "I don't mind a little...", by the way).There are times when a little horror is great for the two genres, like in the case of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. In my opinion he blends the genres together seamlessly and it wouldn't read right with one of the key elements (horror) missing from it. I probably should have mentioned this to start with, but I was going to respond to this via your newsletter on the subject, but I couldn't quite narrow it down to 1000 characters.Some of the things you mention, such as the bloodshed, don't, I think, come under the genre of horror exactly. For me, and for a lot of others I'm sure, horror is something that will scare me, not potentially gross me out. Saying that, I'm not entirely sure which genre I'd place bloodshed under.I do understand exactly where you're coming from, however. I think that in some cases horror or bloodshed is being worked into the mixture where neither element is needed, unfortunately I can't give an example here.There is a near perfect medium that can be reached, and I think those that have read any of the books in George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series would agree. It isn't without the aforementioned genres, but it doesn't rely on them either.Just my thoughts, though. I'm sure many would disagree.CT


Yes, many people e-mailed me with their responses instead of through the NEWSLETTER. Either method is fine. Maybe you’re right that bloodshed is the problem – that it’s actually totally different from horror. Interesting point. (Of course, I’m really into aliens, and I don’t want their green or purple sap spitting out either. Let’s assume that blood refers to all liquid mediums inside creatures with life.)


Acme writes: Thanks for posting this poll in the fantasy newsletter -- it certainly got me thinking about sub-genres and how they can swiftly become the main genre. Your poll question is clear, even if the answer isn't, but I would have liked to see a few more options. For example: 'I don't see it as a problem when finding something suitable to read.'I think there's a place for cross-overs. Sometimes I want horror with my sci/fi & fantasy, sometimes I want it pure. I guess I'm saying that there's no poll choice for me as I can usually find what I want to read, with or without horror

I guess there is no perfect poll. The responses were the ones in my brain at the time. LOL Thanks for responding.

esprit writes: Hello, Shaara, It's about time someone took a vote.
I agree, Horror writing depends too much on graphic shock, and too little on good storytelling now-a-days. True horror lies in the psyche, not the physical. It definitely belongs on a separate shelf.
{/blue}

Ah, another fellow divider. How about a section in that bookstore for “peaceful fantasy and science fiction?”

Sticktalker says: To go a bit further, I'm kinda old fashioned I guess, for I still see SF and Fantasy as entirely separate genres. SF is defined, partially, as a "Plausible" happening...and in Fantasy that is NOT the case. Nothing against Fantasy, or even Horror (outside the fact I don't care to read it) but SF is something entirely different from the rest.


Oh, I so agree! But that’s a whole ‘nother topic. Yes, yes, yes!

WritingWiz writes: I would like to see an option for the creation of "Sci-Fi/Fantasy Horror" as a genre separate from either genre as a whole.


Ah, a solution to the dilemma!

very thankful writes: I love your poll. I'm one of those weird birds who thinks that Fantasy and Sci-fi shouldn't touch. I've never been much of a fan of aliens, other planets, spaceships and such. I love Fantasy and Horror blending. I'm a huge fan of writing dark fantasy. My novel Faerie Realm vs. Deacon, Mississippi has fantasy and horror all over it. I will admit I have written one sci-fi story, and it connects with this novel.Thanks again for the poll!

Oh, dear. There goes the solution offered above! Whoops!

bluehats#5 writes: All stories need conflict and horror is an obvious way of showing the antagonist. Its also an archetype going back to fairy tales, as you pointed out. I see the main difference in degree: a hint of violence or something horrific versus nonstop descriptions of the same. Movies vary from the original Alien where the alien makes a belated appearance and sound is used to display the inferred violence to many modern day movies that show almost nonstop blood splattered screens. It is interesting how some scifi books avoid antagonists altogether. Arthur C. Clarke and Hal Clement, to name the only two, didn't use horror at all. I think showing the horrible aspects, especially describing them in detail ad nauseam, is far easier than doing a subtly plotted story. I think reading a properly written blurb, back cover, story description will prevent most readers from getting a eyeful of something they didn't want, but I do find it interesting how genres do get mixed in some successful ways, and many not so much. My favorite genre spice to add to fantasy and science fiction is mystery, Jack McDevitt's Alex Benedict series is a good example. Rarely does horror become an ingredient to a well plotted mystery, but I might enjoy it if it was done well! I do enjoy being scared, a little, Stephen King and M. Night Shyamalan, scare with a minimum of horror, though that might depend on who makes the movie! It sounds like you would enjoy having a horror scale on each book, from 0-10. Interesting ideas to discuss, thanks. Brian

What a great idea! I’d love to be able to scan a movie or book with that kind of scale. Yes, yes, yes! I think you’re on to something here. Scared is different from being sickened. Modern day horror books sometimes sicken me!


ragefire2000 says: Great poll, Shaara! Personally, I love all three genres (sci-fi, fantasy, and horror). I enjoy works that manage to blend a variety of genres, but there are also times when I want straight horror, plain 'ol fantasy, or sci-fi only. I hope that people continue to push the genre boundaries to come up with creative and unique stories... but I also hope there will always be purists who will let their respective genres stand alone.Thanks for the opportunity to participate in (and review) your poll![/i}


Thank you for participating! I’m for the purists, too!


Christopher Corcoran writes: As far as myself I really enjoy stories such as Lord of The Rings, The Chronicals of Narnia etc. One of the aspects of these stories that I find compelling was the horror elements in the stories. In the Lord of The Rings, I love the parts concerning Mordor. Seriously it wouldn't be good without it. Some fantacy writing adds monsters like vampires, werewolves etc and I hate it because it detracts form the stories.


Oh dear. I really disliked that part. I’m the kind of person who sits with a blanket over my head during all scary parts. “Arachnophobia” gave me nightmares for months!



diana writes: I loved your newsletter and agree that there should be that defining line between fantasy and horror. I think the only two writers I've come across who created a balance was Tolkien, and Rowling, which emphasized more on fantasy, leaving the gore more to the imagination: implied.


Good point. Well done fiction doesn’t need amplification!


A thinker never sleeps writes: love werewolf stories. Alice Borchadt (Anne Rice's sister), Denis Danvers Wilderness, Kelly Armstrong's Bitten etc. In films and books there's just some great werewolf characters.


Oh dear, another fan of werewolves. I guess I’ll have to read something on them.


Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT writes: My favorite fantasy characters are magician elves. I know that's like getting two things at once. Hehe, that's why I like it. Elves are immortal, they can learn and hone their magical skills over centuries and grow to be very powerful.


I like elves and magic. I also like the melding of two things, as long as they’re not violent. Is it true that good things come in small packages?


After my humor issue, I left out some comments from people who had e-mailed them. Here they are now, a little late, but still important. (Sorry, folks.)


weeowl flying free! says: I LOVE comic relief! In fact, in my writing, I'm all about the quick witted words that slip from my fingertips...and I have those full belly laughs! I love it! :D :D :D Weeowl


I love belly laughs, too!


addisoncs writes: I certainly agree. Every story needs some sort of relief from the tension. Such as in Peter Jackson's film adaptations of Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" books using Gimli as the comic relief. Sadly I think that the character that was developed in the books was lessened because of this, but the movies certainly needed him as he was.


The relief is all that keeps me from hiding UNDER the seat at heavy times of tension and fear.


Acme writes There's always room for comedy in any genre; even death-knell humour can be present in drama. Both masks, comedy and drama, are opposite ends of the scale. They not only create balance, but lend weight to human experience. Look at some of the serious stuff Shakespeare wrote, but he still had a giggle in Henry V with a dull Welshman, a leek and a box full of tennis balls...


These are great comments. I think Shakespeare also used humor to move the scene forward. Now, I’ll have to go back and re-examine those plays – from an author’s standpoint!


Outasync writes: Thanks for this newsletter, it made me giggle! Got to give Terry Pratchett as a great example of using a laugh to finish a scary scene: in "Mort", where he describes Death walking across the square, the first time Mort actually sees him in all his bony glory. I don't have the book to hand, but it's a brilliant bit of writing. Do you know it?


Ah, yes. She’s an expert at melding humor with drama!


THANKS ALL!


There be vampires – romantic vampires!




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1526436 by Not Available.
“You amuse me,” he said looking me over in a casual manner, “and there is so little left in this world that amuses me anymore.”


With a line like that, who wouldn’t fall for this guy. This is a story; I hope she writes a lot more!



 Butterfly Wings  (13+)
I love him. He loves me. I fear him. He can kill me. {please R and R!}
#1398873 by RosieKaie
A fourteen-year-old writer has given us this small specimen of love with a vampire: “His bright, ice blue eyes spoke of centuries passed. An old soul, as my mother called it. It was if they did not belong to him at all, but some ancient spirit. His raven hair swung gently in front of his hard features, casting a gray shadow across his smirk.”


Ancient spirit, old soul . . . Yes, all the knowledge that we don’t have – another Phantom of the Opera waiting to instruct . . .



 Season of Hauntings  (13+)
A poem I wrote last Halloween
#1550423 by Ginger_Alice



That's right
I know just how you like it
So go ahead,
Live you wildest dreams . . .



This poem has it all – the power, the coldness, the superiority of the famous, vicious, but romantic vampire . . .




 Only for you  (18+)
a tragic past unknown to her. a violent step father. and a savior of an abnormal form.
#1550003 by alison
“'I will make you forget you nightmare and fill your mind with beauty and my love for you Krissie' he smiled and bent his head to my neck and whispered: 'Only for you' and he sunk his teeth into my skin.”


This is rough hewn, but has great potential. It also has all the elements: a vampire with age, wisdom, and guardianship.



 Scent of a Vampire Chapter 3  (GC)
What do you do when the scent of death leads you into the arms of two sexy vampires?
#1548543 by jasip
“I wasn’t sure what he said. He could have been saying we are having lovely weather this evening. But it was said in such a sexy husky voice it made me want to swoon. Swoon? I don’t think I ever used that word before but it did certainly fit in with Alex’s raw sexuality.”


Need I say more? Raw sexuality – swoon. Sexy voice!!!!




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1545253 by Not Available.
”Alex took a few steps and turned around and pulled me to my feet and slowly brushed his lips against mine lightly and moved his mouth to a sensitive spot behind my right ear. I felt shivers run up my arms. He seemed to be nibbling on me as I felt his teeth scrape along my neck. I leaned into him wanting more. He didn’t disappoint me.”


This was a total stranger, you have to understand. What magnetism!




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1547448 by Not Available.
“The first time I took an interest in vampires was when I first watched Dark Shadows and saw Barnabas. I was in love with Barnabas. In movies and TV shows, all women seem drawn to vampires.”

Could she be right? Could this be the source of all our addiction? I, too, watched “Dark Shadows” with breathlessness. Read this piece for a review of “Twilight.”



STATIC
Vampire Meals  (13+)
One vampire discovered that women had gotten too skinny.
#842568 by Shaara
One of mine – this poem gives another reason for the vampire’s popularity:


He bites them once. He bites them twice. He bites them on the scale,

and the women laugh and gather round the handsome vampire male.




 
FOLDER
The Virtuous Vampire  (13+)
Enter for a pleasant bite, but be aware, I don't do violence.
#790369 by Shaara



Come visit if you dare –
this is a whole folder full of vampire
stories and poems.




© Copyright 2009 Shaara (UN: shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648993-April-2009-The-Vampire